- anemic looking from illness or emotion;
"a face turned ashen"
"the invalid's blanched cheeks"
"tried to speak with bloodless lips"
"a face livid with shock"
"lips...livid with the hue of death"
"lips white with terror"
"a face white with rage"
- (of a light) imparting a deathlike luminosity;
"livid lightning streaked the sky"
"a thousand flambeaux...turned all at once that deep gloom into a livid and preternatural day"
- furiously angry;
"willful stupidity makes him absolutely livid"
- discolored by coagulation of blood beneath the skin;
"beaten black and blue"
- Livid lightning streaked the sky.
- Her face turned livid with rage.
- The jailor brought up another livid prisoner.
- He'd be livid if he found out what you're doing.
Her left leg showed a livid ripple of varicose vein.出自：J. Updike