- 最小的,最少的 smallest in size, amount, extent, etc.
- 最少,最小 the smallest extent
- [U]最少量 slightest
- something that is of no importance;
"it is the least I can do"
"that is the least of my concerns"
- the superlative of `little' that can be used with mass nouns and is usually preceded by `the'; a quantifier meaning smallest in amount or extent or degree;
"didn't care the least bit"
"he has the least talent of anyone"
- used to form the superlative;
"The garter snake is the least dangerous snake"
- The least noise would startle the timid child.
- The greatest talkers are always the least doers.
- She came when we least expected her.
- He worked hardest but was paid least.
- He was the one who did the least of the work and got the most of the money.
- That's the least you could do.
- These eggs will cost at least two pounds.
He's the best teacher even though he has the least experience.
The least worry we have is about the weather.
If you had only the least thought for others, you would not have spoken out in that way.
The least pressure would suffice to crack the tube.
The story was dramatic without being in the least sentimental.
Those who are the least interested in such matters are welcome to contact us.
Of 30,20 and 10,10 is the least.
He disliked many of his teachers and Miss Smith he liked least.
It happened just when we least expected it.
In the old society, those who worked least got pay most.
That's the least important of all.
This is the least useful book of the four.
He did the least of the work and got the most of the money.
Finding enough money is the least of our problems.
- not the least
一点也没有 not at all
This subject has not the least interest for me. 我对这门学科一点兴趣也没有。
I leave not the least food. 我一点儿食物也没了。
You haven't the least chance of success. 你连一点成功的机会都没有。
I haven't the least idea where she is. 我一点都不知道她在哪儿。
最大的 the largest
Not the least of the difficulties is that of obtaining enough money. 最大的困难便是弄到足够的钱。
Over the years,O'Keefe has done many brave things alone, not the least of which is facing rattlesnakes in the desert. 多年来,奥基夫干了许多勇敢的事,其中最大的一件事是与沙漠地区的响尾蛇进行搏斗。
- 一点也没有 not at all
- at (the) least
至少,起码 not less than
You should read one book a month at least. 你至少应该每月读一本书。
At the least, you should earn a hundred pounds per month. 你至少每月该挣100英镑。
He drank at least half a bottle of whisky a day. 他每天至少喝半瓶威士忌酒。
The food wasn't good, but at least it was cheap. 食品不怎么好,但起码是很便宜的。
He didn't win but at least he tried. 他没有取胜,但起码是作过努力了。
无论如何,反正 if nothing else is true;at any rate
She may be slow but at least she's reliable. 她迟钝是迟钝,但无论如何她很可靠。
He left last Tuesday— at least,I think he did. 上星期二他离开了,反正我认为他已经走了。
He's not coming— at least that's what he said. 他不来了,不管怎样,他是这么说过的。
- 至少,起码 not less than
- least of all
最不,尤其 an insignificant degree
Nobody need worry, you least of all. 谁也不用担心,尤其是你。
Nobody can complain, you least of all. 什么人都不能讲闲话,你们就更不能讲了。
Least of all would I lie to you. 我最犯不上跟你撒谎了。
- 最不,尤其 an insignificant degree
- not (in) the least
绝对不,一点也不 absolutely not;not at all
It doesn't matter in the least. 那绝对不要紧。
“Would you mind if I put the television on?” “No, not in the least.” “我开电视机影响你吗?”“一点都不影响。”
I don't know the details, but I do know that Mr. Darcy is not in the least to blame. 我虽不了解其中的底细,但我的确知道达西先生一点也不该受到责备的。
The book is not in the least difficult. 这本书一点也不难。
“Are you hungry?” “Not the least.” “你饿了吗?”“一点儿不饿。”
- 绝对不,一点也不 absolutely not;not at all
- not least
尤其是,特别是 especially;in particular
The film caused a lot of bad feeling, not least among the workers whose lives it described. 那影片招致许多人的反感,尤其是工人不满其中对工人生活的描写。
- 尤其是,特别是 especially;in particular
- to say the least
至少可以这样说,退一步讲 say sth in that way
Her voice isn't very good, to say the least. 她的嗓音不太好,至少可以这样说。
It was rather thoughtless of him, to say the least. 至少可以说,他太粗心了。
We've been too indiscreet, to say the least. 至少可以说,我们一贯太轻率。
- 至少可以这样说,退一步讲 say sth in that way
- least chance 一点机会也没有
- least experience 经验最少
- least interest 最不感兴趣
- least money 最少的钱
- least noise 最小的声音
- least pressure 毫无压力
- least wind 一点风都没有
- least worry 最不担心
A fix'd star of the least magnitude.出自：L. Sterne
A part, and not the least part, of Keats' share of that burden.出自：J. M. Murry
- at least有时也可说成at the least,但前者较为普通,意思是“至少”,可以表示数量,也可以表示程度,有时也可用来表示埋怨情绪,可译为“至少应该”。
- least of all意为“尤其”,通常用于否定句,当least of all用于句首时,须取倒装语序;当least of all放在句中时,可以省去相应的谓语动词。
- not in the least中的in有时可以省略,但很少见。
- The repairs will cost at least twenty pounds.
- The repairs will cost twenty pounds at least.
- At least,the repairs will cost twenty pounds.
- Least of all do I like that book.
- I like that book least of all.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的lseat，意为最小的。
- least:least adj. 最小的, 最少的adv. 最少, 最小习惯用语at (the) least 至少, 起码; 无论如何at the very least [用于加强语气] (=at the lea…