- vi. 笑,发笑,嘲笑 express amusement, happiness, scorn by making explosive sounds with the voice while smiling
- vt. 以笑表示…,以笑感动或影响 express by laughing;move or influence by laughter
- [C]笑,笑声,笑态 sound or manner of laughing
- [S]笑料 amusing incident or person
- the sound of laughing
- a facial expression characteristic of a person laughing;
"his face wrinkled in a silent laugh of derision"
- a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter;
"he told a very funny joke"
"he knows a million gags"
"thanks for the laugh"
"he laughed unpleasantly at his own jest"
"even a schoolboy's jape is supposed to have some ascertainable point"
- produce laughter
- He could tell she was in a bad mood, and tried to laugh her out of it.
- It is natural to laugh when you are happy.
- You have to laugh and find humor every day.
- You should not laugh at the handicapped.
- She knew the truth all along and was laughing up her sleeve at us.
- The captain's cheerful laugh dispelled our fears.
- Her laugh was as grateful to him as a summer wind.
- He told me the news with a laugh.
We were all laughing when he came in.
He laughs best who laughs last.
He did nothing but laugh.
The boys and girls are jumping and laughing on the playground.
He laughed inwardly though his face remained grave.
He laughed heartily.
She laughed merrily.
They'd be laughing making nasty remarks, and make passes at her.
She laughed her satisfaction.
She laughed her denial.
John laughed his approval.
She laughed her good mood when she saw her mother.
He laughed a hearty laugh.
She laughed a merry laugh.
“And I've forgotten the sugar,”She laughed.
She laughed herself sick.
She turned away her face with a merry, ringing laugh.
He threw back his head in a hearty laugh.
He gave a good loud laugh when he saw it.
We have had many good laughs over it.
What a laugh to say that!
He's a real laugh—such to be with.
- laugh about (v.+prep.)
对…感到好笑而发笑 be amused about (sth) laugh about sb/sth
We were laughing about your brother.我们正笑谈有关你哥哥的事情。
They all laughed about the joke.这个笑话把他们全逗笑了。
It's not a matter to laugh about.这不是一件好笑的事。
- 对…感到好笑而发笑 be amused about (sth) laugh about sb/sth
- laugh at (v.+prep.)
因…而发笑 be amused by
The spectators all laughed at the puppets. 观众看到那些木偶,都发笑了。
All of us laughed at this funny story. 我们听了这个滑稽的故事,大家都笑了起来。
His satire was so brilliant that even his victims laughed at it. 他的讽刺艺术是如此的高超,连他讽刺的对象听了也发笑。
That is nothing to laugh at. 那没啥可笑的。
嘲笑,取笑 ridicule;make fun of sb especially in an unkind way
She was laughing at us all the time. 她一直在嘲笑我们。
You mustn't laugh at unfortunate people. 你不该嘲笑不幸的人。
It is unkind to laugh at a person in trouble. 幸灾乐祸有欠忠厚。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The foolish boy was laughed at wherever he went. 傻小子不论走到哪里都受到讥笑。
蔑视;对…满不在乎 disregard;be careless of
He laughed at the difficulties. 他蔑视这些困难。
The daring climbers laugh at danger. 勇敢无畏的登山者在危险面前泰然自若。
The hero laughed at the enemy's threat. 那位英雄对敌人的威胁一笑置之。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
His idea is not to be laughed at. 不该对他的意见满不在乎。
- 因…而发笑 be amused by
- laugh away (v.+adv.)
连续地笑 laugh continuously laugh away
He was laughing away to himself all the time.他自己不断地大笑。
一笑置之;以笑来驱除、消磨 dismiss by laughing;get out of by laughing laugh sth ⇔ away
He laughed away the dangers.他对这些危险一笑置之。
He talked and laughed away his leisure hours.他的空闲时间就是在说说笑笑中消磨掉的。
- 连续地笑 laugh continuously laugh away
- laugh down (v.+adv.)
以轻蔑的笑使某人沉默,用笑声来打断 make sb silent by laughing scornfully
About this they laughed her down. 他们以轻蔑的笑声使她在这个问题上沉默下来。
以笑拒绝 reject by laughing
They laughed my proposal down. 他们以笑拒绝我的建议。
- 以轻蔑的笑使某人沉默,用笑声来打断 make sb silent by laughing scornfully
- laugh into (v.+prep.)
以笑使(某人)处于 cause (oneself) to reach (a state) by laughing laugh sb/oneself into sth
You laughed him into silence.你笑得他不作声了。
When I told Mother what the boys had done, she laughed herself into a state of helplessness.我告诉母亲孩子们所做的事情时,她笑得合不拢嘴。
- 以笑使(某人)处于 cause (oneself) to reach (a state) by laughing laugh sb/oneself into sth
- laugh off1 (v.+adv.)
- 〔说明〕 laugh off通常不用于进行体。
〈非正〉一笑置之;以笑来驱除、消磨 dismiss by laughing;get out of by laughing laugh sth ⇔ off
He had a bad fall while ice-skating but he laughed it off.他滑冰时重重地摔了一跤,但他一笑置之。
He laughed it off.他对此一笑置之。
The boy was brave enough to laugh off his pain.这个男孩很勇敢,把痛苦不当回事。
He laughed off the embarrassing situation.他对那尴尬的处境付之一笑。
They just laughed off the warning.他们对那警告只是付之一笑。用于 be ～ed 结构
This is a mistake that can't easily be laughed off.这可不是可以一笑置之的错误。
He never dreamed that his request would be laughed off as a childish fancy.他做梦也没想到,他的要求被当成幼稚的幻想而一笑置之。
〈非正〉痛快地笑 laugh heartily laugh one's head off
The crowd must be enjoying the performance, they're laughing their heads off.观众肯定喜欢这个表演,他们都放声大笑。
We laughed our heads off at the antics of the comedian.喜剧演员的滑稽动作使我们大笑不已。
I laughed my head off when I heard of his discomfiture.听到别人说起他的狼狈相,我放声大笑。
- laugh off2 (v.+prep.)
以笑声使…离开 remove (sth/sb) from (one place) with laughter laugh sb/sth off sth
He was supposed to be a serious performer, but the crowd laughed him off the stage.他被认为是严肃的演员,但观众却把他哄下了台。用于 be ～ed 结构
The play was so bad that it was laughed off the stage.这出剧很糟糕,最后在观众的哄笑中停演了。
- 以笑声使…离开 remove (sth/sb) from (one place) with laughter laugh sb/sth off sth
- laugh out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
笑得使(某人)忘掉不愉快的事,以谈笑使(某人)忘掉忧愁 (try to) make sb forget his unhappiness by laughing laugh sb out of sth
He was very worried about getting seasick, but fellow travelers laughed him out of it.他很担心会晕船,可是旅伴们同他说说笑笑,使他忘了晕船之苦。用于 be ～ed 结构
You would be laughed out of court with such a childish question.你提出这样幼稚的问题,会被人一笑置之的。
- 笑得使(某人)忘掉不愉快的事,以谈笑使(某人)忘掉忧愁 (try to) make sb forget his unhappiness by laughing laugh sb out of sth
- laugh over (v.+prep.)
笑着谈论,想着…发笑 laugh while discussing, examining, etc. laugh over sth
We have often laughed over that story.我们谈到那一传说,常常感到好笑。
How everybody laughed over the joke!大家一想起这个笑话,就大笑不止!
- 笑着谈论,想着…发笑 laugh while discussing, examining, etc. laugh over sth
- laugh with (v.+prep.)
与(某人)同声笑 share the laughter of (sb) laugh with sb
Please don't be offended, we were laughing with you, not at you.请别见怪,我们是同你一起笑呢,并没有嘲笑你。
- 与(某人)同声笑 share the laughter of (sb) laugh with sb
- break into a laugh
忽然笑起来 laugh suddenly
After a long silence, she broke into a laugh. 她沉默了很久之后忽然笑了起来。
- 忽然笑起来 laugh suddenly
- have the last laugh
最后胜利 win an argument, competition, etc., especially after earlier defeats have the last laugh on sb
She smiled shyly, because she knew she would have the last laugh on them.她羞涩地微笑着,因为她深知她最后会胜过他们。
We'll perhaps have the last laugh on them, after all.最终我们或许会战胜他们的。
- 最后胜利 win an argument, competition, etc., especially after earlier defeats have the last laugh on sb
- have〔get〕 the laugh of〔on〕
反过来嘲笑(某人) make a fool of sb who is trying to make others look foolish
He disregarded our advice and insisted on going his own way, but we have the laugh of him. 他不听我们的忠告,一意孤行,可是现在落得我们反过来嘲笑他了。
She's got the laugh on me this time. 这回让她笑我了。
- 反过来嘲笑(某人) make a fool of sb who is trying to make others look foolish
- raise a laugh
引起笑声 make sb laugh
He told a funny story so as to raise a laugh. 为了引人发笑,他讲了一个滑稽的故事。
- 引起笑声 make sb laugh
- laugh a hearty laugh 尽情地大笑
- laugh a reply 以笑作答
- laugh one's assent 以笑表示同意
- laugh one's disrespect 以笑表示轻蔑
- laugh one's dissent 以笑表示不同意
- laugh one's pleasure 以笑表示的快乐
- laugh one's thanks 以笑表示的感谢
- laugh oneself breathless 笑得上气不接下气
- laugh aloud 放声大笑
- laugh best 笑得最好
- laugh boisterously 兴高采烈地笑
- laugh complacently 得意地笑,心满意足地笑
- laugh derisively 嘲弄地笑
- laugh discordantly 阴阳怪气地笑
- laugh dramatically 装腔作势地笑
- laugh drunkenly 醉醺醺地笑
- laugh excessively 极度地笑
- laugh foolishly 傻傻地笑
- laugh gleefully 开心地笑
- laugh good-humoredly 性情好地笑
- laugh gratingly 刺耳地笑
- laugh grimly 冷冷地笑
- laugh gustily 突发地笑
- laugh heartily 由衷地笑
- laugh heavily 大笑
- laugh hugely 大笑
- laugh humorously 幽默地笑
- laugh hysterically 歇斯底里地笑
- laugh immoderately 无节制地笑
- laugh lightly 轻轻地笑
- laugh loudly 纵声地笑
- laugh maliciously 恶毒地笑
- laugh merrily 欢乐地笑
- laugh musically 悦耳地笑
- laugh nervously 神经质地嘲笑
- laugh rudely 粗鲁地笑
- laugh scornfully 轻蔑地笑
- laugh sheepishly 羞怯地笑
- laugh significantly 具有某种意义地笑
- laugh spitefully 恶意地笑
- laugh uproariously 吵闹地笑
- laugh wryly 苦苦地笑
- laugh away 不断地笑,用笑驱除
- laugh one's fear away 以笑驱除恐惧
- laugh down 用(轻蔑的)笑声打断(或拒绝,驱走等)
- laugh off 一笑置之
- laugh one's head off 笑掉大牙,笑破肚皮
- laugh off stage 喝倒彩
- laugh off suggestions 对建议一笑置之
- laugh about 讥笑
- laugh against 对…笑
- laugh at 对…笑,嘲笑
- laugh at a joke 听到笑话大笑
- laugh at a person 嘲笑某人
- laugh at sb's efforts 嘲笑某人的努力
- laugh at the problem 轻视此事
- laugh in one's sleeve 暗自高兴
- laugh in sb's face 对某人公开表示轻蔑
- laugh in scorn 轻蔑地嘲笑
- laugh on the other side of one's mouth 转喜为忧
- laugh out of court 一笑置之
- laugh over 边笑边谈论
- laugh over a book 笑谈某书
- laugh over a letter 笑着谈论一封信
- laugh oneself to death 笑得要死
- laugh sb to scorn 嘲笑某人
- laugh with 同…一起笑
- break into a laugh 突然笑起来
- bring a laugh 带来一阵笑声
- burst into a laugh 突然笑起来
- cause a laugh 引起一阵笑声
- draw a laugh 引起一阵笑声
- enjoy a big laugh 放声大笑
- excite a laugh 引起一阵笑声
- force a laugh 强作笑脸
- get a laugh 引起笑声
- give a laugh 大笑
- give a happy laugh 高兴地笑了
- have a laugh 笑一阵,发笑
- have a laugh about sth 觉得某事好笑
- have a laugh at a person 嘲笑某人
- hear a laugh 听到笑声
- horse a laugh 放声大笑
- join in the laugh 随着大笑,与…一起笑
- laugh a hearty laugh 纵情〔放声〕大笑
- raise a laugh 引起一阵笑声
- shy little laugh 羞答答地微微一笑
- angry laugh 愤怒
- approving laugh 表示赞许的笑
- astonished laugh 吃惊的笑
- big laugh 大笑
- bitter laugh 苦笑
- careless laugh 无忧无虑的笑
- cheery laugh 欢笑,愉快的笑
- childish laugh 孩子气的笑
- coarse laugh 粗俗的笑
- cold laugh 冷笑
- constrained laugh 勉强不自然的笑
- crackling laugh 清脆的笑
- deep laugh 深沉的笑
- delicious laugh 怡人的笑
- discordant laugh 心不在焉的笑
- drunken laugh 醉醺醺的笑
- empty laugh 无意义的笑
- evil laugh 邪恶的笑
- familiar laugh 熟悉的笑
- fearsome laugh 令人恐怖的笑
- foolish laugh 傻笑
- forced laugh 勉强地笑
- funny laugh 古怪的笑
- gay laugh 快活的笑
- gentle laugh 温和的笑
- good laugh 大笑
- happy laugh 愉快的笑
- hard laugh 苦笑
- hearty laugh 发自内心的笑
- horrid laugh 吓人的笑
- humorous laugh 诙谐的笑
- impish laugh 顽皮的笑
- irritating laugh 恼人的笑
- jeering laugh 嘲讽的笑
- little laugh 微笑
- loud laugh 大笑
- low laugh 低声笑
- mild laugh 轻微的笑
- musical laugh 悦耳的笑
- nervous laugh 紧张不安的笑
- noisy laugh 大声笑
- polite laugh 很有礼貌的笑
- rapturous laugh 欣喜若狂的笑
- relieved laugh 轻松的笑
- ringing laugh 响亮的笑
- scornful laugh 轻蔑的笑
- shy laugh 羞怯的笑
- silent laugh 不出声的笑
- silver laugh 清脆的笑
- simple laugh 天真的笑
- spiteful laugh 恶意的笑
- startling laugh 使人震惊的笑
- suppressed laugh 克制的笑
- sweet laugh 甜蜜的笑
- terrible laugh 令人恐怖的笑
- triumphant laugh 胜利的笑
- uneasy laugh 令人不安的笑
- unpleasant laugh 令人厌恶的笑
- weak laugh 微弱的笑
- wild laugh 狂乱的笑
- young laugh 稚气的笑
Mr. Pratte had very blue eyes with a great deal of laugh in them.出自：S. J. Duncan
Jean Marie laughedsa gusty chuckle of genuine amusement.出自：M. West
- laugh的基本意思是“笑”“嘲笑”“以笑表示”,指某人因高兴、惊奇等而笑或指某人、某事让人觉得好笑,尤指出声地开怀大笑,重在笑出声,常伴有表情和动作。laugh作“笑”解时是不及物动词;作“笑着表示”解时是及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语,也可接以形容词充当补足语的复合宾语。laugh可接同源宾语,该同源宾语前通常有形容词hearty, merry等修饰。
- laugh与away〔off〕连用,意为“以笑表示,用笑来驱除…”;与at连用时用于贬义,表示“因…而笑”,也可表示“嘲笑”;接 about 表示“对…感到好笑而发笑”,接 over 表示“想到或谈到某事而发笑”。
- 在口语中, laugh也可表示“有趣”,常用复数形式,有时含有讽刺意义。
- laugh, beam, chuckle, giggle, grin, smile, sneer
这组词的共同意思是“笑”。其区别是：1.laugh指一般地“笑”或“出声大笑”;smile指“不出声微笑”;beam指“面带笑容”;chuckle指“吃吃笑”或“暗自发笑”;giggle指“咯咯地笑”“傻笑”;grin指“咧嘴笑”“露齿笑”;sneer指“冷笑”“嘲笑”。例如:Father smiled his approval.父亲以微笑表示赞许。The boys and girls are jumping and laughing on the playground.孩子们在操场上又跳又笑。The girl giggled.那个女孩咯咯地笑。She grinned with delight.她高兴地咧开嘴笑。He beamed as he opened the door.他开门时以微笑表示欢迎。I could hear him chuckling to himself as he read his book.他看书时,我能听见他在轻声发笑。Don't sneer at their religion.不要嘲笑他们的宗教。2.smile表示愉快、兴奋、同情、轻蔑、讽刺、无奈等各种心情;beam暗示对他人友好、善良或内心满意;chuckle有得意或领略到其中趣味的含义;giggle是不好意思地笑或由某一趣味而连续“痴笑”;grin多因高兴、满足或轻蔑而笑;而sneer则以表情、声调或语言表示对某人〔事〕的轻蔑与嘲弄。3.smile, laugh是一般用语;beam是正式用语;chuckle多用于书面语中;giggle多用于女人或孩子。
误 Tom laughed this idea.
正 Tom laughed at this idea.
误 His jokes often make us laugh to tears.
正 His jokes often make us laugh ourselves to tears.
析 表示“笑出眼泪”,英语是laugh oneself to tears,不能省略oneself一词。
误 They gave loud laugh.
正 They gave a loud laugh.
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的hlahahn，意为大笑。
- laughable adj. 荒唐可笑的;有趣的；逗人笑的‖laughingly adv. 有趣地；可笑地
- laugh:laugh vi. 笑, 讥笑n. 笑, 笑声 英英解释:名词laugh:1. the sound of laughing同义词：laughter2. a facial expression char…