- [U]了解,理解 understanding
- [U]个人的知识、学识、见闻 all that a person knows; familiarity gained by experience
- [U]学问 everything that is known; organized body of information
- the psychological result of perception and learning and reasoning
- She has a detailed knowledge of this period.
- Child as he is, he knows much knowledge of science.
- They did it without my knowledge.
He denied any knowledge of them.
We have no knowledge of such a person in our community.
Half knowledge of anything is dangerous.
The knowledge of our victory caused great joy.
To develop the knowledge of one another among the people of the world is an essential factor in the preservation of peace.
He was very sad to the knowledge that his wife was killed in an air crash.
There was brief knowledge that his brother had been executed by the police.
His knowledge of the subject is limited.
I have little knowledge of cooking.
This is a significant contribution to knowledge.
I get fat knowledge from the book.
There can be no knowledge apart from practice.
The students are greedy for knowledge.
He has acquired various branches of knowledge at the institute.
This is a credulous age, and the burden of knowledge which we now have to carry is partly responsible.
Fifty years of intellectual toil produced the greatest of all medieval storehouses of knowledge.50
Physical sciences deal with the knowledge of the world and space.
He is limited in an up-to-date knowledge.
A knowledge of history is important for all of us.
Probably it will be useful for them to acquire a practical knowledge of English.
He has a superficial knowledge of a subject.
- be common〔public〕 knowledge
人所共知 be known by everyone in a community or group
It's pointless trying to keep your friendship secret—it's common knowledge already. 你们无须将友情保密——其实已尽人皆知。
It is common knowledge that he is having an affair with another woman. 他与另外一个女人关系暧昧是众所周知的事情。
- 人所共知 be known by everyone in a community or group
- come to sb's knowledge
被某人知悉 become known by sb
The matter never came to the knowledge of the teacher. 这件事老师始终不知道。
It has come to my knowledge that train fares are going to be increased again. 我被告知,火车票又要涨价了。
It has come to our knowledge that you have been cheating the company. 据我们了解,你一直在欺骗公司。
- 被某人知悉 become known by sb
- to sb's knowledge
据某人所知 as far as one knows
To my certain knowledge, the dictionaries have arrived. 据我所知,这批词典已经运到。
确知属实 as one knows to be true
That is impossible, because, to my knowledge, he was in France at the time. 那不可能,因为我知道那时他在法国。
- 据某人所知 as far as one knows
- with〔without〕 sb's knowledge
(未)告知 (not) having informed sb
He sold the car with his wife's knowledge. 他妻子知道,他把汽车卖了。
She wrote the letter without any of our knowledge. 她写的那封信我们谁都不知道。
The boy found himself in a boat without the slightest knowledge how he had got there. 那个男孩发现自己在一条船上,但他一点儿也不知道自己是怎么上去的。
- (未)告知 (not) having informed sb
- add to knowledge 丰富知识
- advance knowledge 增进知识
- build up knowledge 积累知识
- demand knowledge 需要知识
- discover knowledge 发现知识
- gain knowledge 获得知识
- improve one's knowledge of English 提高英语知识
- make knowledge popular 普及知识
- pick up knowledge 学得知识
- show off one's knowledge 卖弄学问
- spread knowledge 传播知识
- store up knowledge 积累知识
- have a good knowledge of London 对伦敦很熟悉
- have a good knowledge of the subject 对这个问题了解很深
- have not much knowledge of history 对历史知道不多
- lack a solid knowledge of 缺乏对…的充分了解
- actual knowledge 实际知识
- basic knowledge 基础知识
- broad knowledge 广博的知识
- common knowledge 常识
- correct knowledge 正确的知识
- direct knowledge 直接的知识
- first knowledge 最初的知识
- general knowledge 常识
- inside knowledge 内情,内幕
- practical knowledge of a language 语言的实用知识
- precious knowledge 宝贵的知识
- pure knowledge 纯理论知识
- scientific knowledge 科学知识
- sound knowledge 扎实的知识
- special knowledge 专门知识
- wide knowledge 渊博的知识
- background knowledge 背景知识
- book knowledge 书本知识
- grammar knowledge 语法知识
- sex knowledge 性知识
- reading knowledge 阅读能力
- speaking knowledge 会话能力
- working knowledge 应用能力
- beyond sb's knowledge 某人不知道的
- out of all knowledge 无法辨认的
- to sb's certain knowledge 据某人所知
- without sb's knowledge 背着某人,不告诉某人
- knowledge about 有关…的知识
These stories can be difficult to understand without some knowledge of the background.出自：M. Brett
- knowledge可用some, much, little, more等词修饰。
- knowledge, learning
- common knowledge, general knowledge, common sense
这三个短语共同的意思是“常识”。其区别是：common sense和common knowledge两个词共同的是common,即大家同有的,而非一人独有,其区别是common sense意为通过直觉经验而不是通过研究而获得的,而common knowledge则是通过研究而不是仅凭经验而认识。common knowledge和general knowledge共同的是knowledge,即通过研究而获得的认识,其区别是common knowledge强调“大家皆有而非个人独有”,而general knowledge则强调是普通常识,而非专业知识。例如:Every man of common sense will not make such stupid mistake.凡有常识的人都不至于犯如此愚蠢的错误。It is a common knowledge among our teachers that they will soon have a rise in their salaries.我们的老师都知道,他们不久将会提薪。Their office is in great need of a woman clerk with a rich general knowledge.他们的办公室很需要一名知识渊博的女办事员。
误 It was in middle school that I first learned some knowledge about classical literature.
正 It was in middle school that I first obtained some knowledge about classical literature.
析 knowledge作“知识”解,可与表示获得的动词acquire, gain, obtain等连用,但不能跟study或learn连用。
误 After several years' self-study he acquired a great deal of knowledges.
正 After several years' self-study he acquired a great deal of knowledge.
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的cnawecle，意为对荣誉的认可。
- ability apprehension education familiarity intelligence learning notice schooling science understanding wisdom
- knowledge:knowledge n. 知识, 学问, 认识, 知道, 学科习惯用语A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. [谚]一知半解是危险的。bring to sb.…