the fact of being aware of information that is known to few people
- He got gratification when he knew his plans have been realized.
- They knew full well that he wouldn't keep his promise.
- He knew he had behaved badly and he seemed truly sorry.
- He knew the pulse of the people.
- He answered that he knew nothing about it.
- I knew she was joking because she had a big grin on her face.
- I knew if I kept at it I should succeed.
- "We knew it would be a bestseller, but even the original didn't sell this well at the start. By our estimates, we've already sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 500,000 copies. It's just phenomenal."
- know 了解