- 重要的,重大的 which matters a lot; having or likely to have great effect, value, or influence
- 有势力的,有地位的 having influence or power
of great significance or value;
"the important questions of the day"
important in effect or meaning;
"a significant change in tax laws"
"a significant change in the Constitution"
"a significant contribution"
of extreme importance; vital to the resolution of a crisis;
"a crucial moment in his career"
"a crucial election"
"a crucial issue for women"
having authority or ascendancy or influence;
"an important official"
"the captain's authoritative manner"
having or suggesting a consciousness of high position;
"recited the decree with an important air"
"took long important strides in the direction of his office"
- History chronicles important events of the past.
- He has made an important contribution to the company's success.
- It's very important to teach the children about road safety.
- It was one of the most important discoveries ever made.
- She was clearly an important person.
- He spent important money on a small jewel for his wife.
- The school received important money from that overseas Chinese.
- She spends an important part of her time on dressing.
- He called me down on my absence at that important meeting.
- The important statement was soon carried all over the world by radio.
- This latest statement of the White House clashes with important aspects of the United States' foreign policy.
- The schoolmaster will convene all teachers to tell them the important thing.
- Let me now deal more fully with the important question that was touched on earlier.
- All important problems must be submitted to the committee.
- Please sober down a bit; I've got some important news for you.
- Last night we all stayed up late for listening to the important news.
- Please post this important message on your notice board so that all the students can read it.
- This is an important problem into which too few social scientists have researched.
- The representatives submitted an important problem for discussion.
- I've starred the important articles to read.
- It is reported that three important criminals ran away from prison last night.
- Take time to reflect before doing important things.
- From such a small beginning have proceeded many important decisions.
- What important buildings did the guide point out to you in your trip around the city ?
- He had an important part to play in ensuring the success of the scheme.
- You should review important points mentioned in class as well as points you confused about.
- His account of the accident misses out one or two important facts.
- Mr. White occupies an important position in the Ministry of Education.
- He is an important man.
- This famous doctor has operated on many important people.
- My neighbour is always putting on airs, pretending she knows important people and is invited to rich parties, and so on.
- He had an important air about him.
- He continued with his reading as if nothing important had happened.
- Most of us admit study as something important, but brush it aside at busy times.
- What he said at the meeting is important.
- The matter is especially important.
- Where and when and what you study are all important.
- He felt that medicine was the most important cause to which he could dedicate himself.
- It's stretching a point to say the book is important just because it is written by a well-known author.
- A knowledge of history is important for all of us.
- The teenagers are very important to the entertainment industries.
- Male nurses are particularly important in caring for men in mental hospitals.
- It is vitally important to cancel the order immediately.
- It is important to separate learning English orally from learning English by reading books.
- It is important to locate new industries where labour and raw materials are easily available.
- It is important for the school to open to the outside world.
- It is very important for the learners of the English language to learn some texts by heart.
- It's important that you know about this.
- It is important that every one of you should finish your homework in time.
- It is important that the rules be observed.
- It is very important to her that she gets the job.
- The following election is being billed as the most important in 30 years.
- Most important, the pumps are manufactured in a nearby town.
- important announcement 重要的宣布
- important book 重要的书
- important day 重要的日子
- important decisions 重要的决定
- important events 重要的事件
- important figure 要人
- important meeting 重要的会议
- important money 大笔钱
- important occasion 重大场合
- important person 要人
- less important 不太重要的
- the most important 最重要的
- very important 很重要的
- highly important 很重要的
- particularly important 尤其重要的
- profoundly important 深为重要的
- supremely important 最重要的
- unusually important 异常重要的
- vitally important 至关重要的
His work was the important thing, beside it all else was trivial.出自： A. J. Cronin
It becomes so important to me that I see a whole stretch of days ruined if I do not get it.出自： N. Mosley
- important形容事物时表示“重大,重要,紧急”; 形容人时表示“有权力〔地位〕”“自以为了不起”,在句中一般用作定语、表语。
- important的比较级是more important; 最高级为most important。
- important, significant, vital
- 这组词都可表示“重要的”。significant指某事特别有意义,尤其突出、为人所记忆或长远看很有贡献,但不一定有紧迫的或强有力的含意; important既可指某事意味深长,也可指有一点价值的; vital指对整体的安宁或成功能起到重大的、不可缺少的作用。
误 It is important that we must study hard.
正 It is important that we (should) study hard.
析 在It is important that-clause的结构中, that从句中的谓语动词应该用虚拟语气,需用should+动词原形,或省略should直接用动词原形。这是一项重大决定,所以在作决定时你可要花些时间。
误 This is a important decision, so take your time in making it.
正 This is an important decision, so take your time in making it.
误 What the students do in their spare time is of great important.
正 What the students do in their spare time is of great importance.
析 be of后才可接名词,用来说明主语的性质、状态等,中间可以加great, little, no等以示程度。important是形容词,不能用great修饰。
- ☆ 1444年进入英语，直接源自中古法语的important；最初源自古典拉丁语的importare，意为介绍，引入。