blatant or sensational promotion
publicize in an exaggerated and often misleading manner
- There was a big media hype for that new movie.
- People went to see the movie because of all the hype.
- The public are not fooled by all the hype the press gave the event.
- Why do they hype up an election?
- The movie has been hyped up far beyond its worth.
- Government nervousness about the internet was exacerbated by hype in the western press about Twitter bringing democracy to Iran.
They carried off the biggest money-making hype in sports history.出自：Publishers Weekly
Despite some media hype Frost insists his series really 'breaks some new ground'.出自：Newsweek