- n. 一把；少数；<非>难控制的人；棘手之事
- [C]一把 an amount which is as much as can easily be held in the hand
- [C]少数 a small number (of people)
a small number or amount;
"only a handful of responses were received"
the quantity that can be held in the hand
- He dipped into the bag and brought out a handful of sample wheat.
- All the trouble is being caused by a handful of malcontents.
- We invited twenty people, but only a handful of them came.
- She brought a handful of rice out of the bag and showed it to me.
- We invited 30 people, but only a handful came.
He put down the handful of crayons he was holding.出自： R. C. Hutchinson
He..stooped now and then to gather great handfuls from the carpet of forget-me-nots.出自： D. Prater