- vi. 凝视,注视 look long and steadily
- [S]凝视,端详 a steady fixed look
- a long fixed look;
"he fixed his paternal gaze on me"
- look at with fixed eyes;
"The students stared at the teacher with amazement"
- She sat gazing out of the window.
- She gazed at me in disbelief when I told her the news.
- Your intent gaze made her uncomfortable.
- Her steady gaze did not waver.
- She turned her head away, feeling too ashamed to meet his gaze.
He stood at gaze when I drew the sketch.
Under his intense gaze she felt uncomfortable.
- gaze at (v.+prep.)
凝视look steadily at sb/sth gaze at sb/sth
She gazed at me for a long time before she recognized who I was.她注视着我好久,才认出我是谁。
The climbers stood on the top of the mountain, gazing at the splendid view.登山队员们站在山顶,凝视那壮丽的景色。
- 凝视look steadily at sb/sth gaze at sb/sth
- gaze on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
看…look at sb/sth gaze on〔upon〕 sb/sth
Never in his life had he gazed on such splendor.他生平从没有见过如此辉煌壮丽的场面。
She was the most beautiful woman he had ever gazed upon.她是他见过的最美丽的女子。
- 看…look at sb/sth gaze on〔upon〕 sb/sth
- gaze round (v.+adv.)
环顾,四处观望look around gaze round
Don't gaze round.不要左顾右盼。
- 环顾,四处观望look around gaze round
- gaze out (v.+adv.)
遥望look at sth steadily from a distance gaze out
We gazed out over the limitless expanse of the desert.我们凝望着那一片漫无边际的沙漠。
- 遥望look at sth steadily from a distance gaze out
- gaze far 看得远
- gaze skyward 凝视着天空
- gaze dreamily 精神恍惚地凝视
- gaze fixedly 凝视
- gaze away 盯着
- gaze out 眺望
- gaze round〔around〕 东张西望,左顾右盼
- gaze up 凝视
His father lolled in his coach, and was the gaze of the village.出自：A. M. Bennett
He gazed about with mild, half-blind eyes.出自：J. Steinbeck
I would tag around..content to gaze upon him idolatrously.出自：Day Lewis
- gaze, gape, stare
这组词都有“(长时间)看”的意思。其区别是：1.gaze可表示倾慕、神往; stare表示吃惊或深思; gape强调看得“目瞪口呆”。2.gaze和stare既可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词; gape仅用作不及物动词。例如:Never in his life had he gazed on such splendor.他生平从没有见过如此辉煌壮丽的场面。What are you gaping at?你目瞪口呆看什么呢?They gaped at me when I told them about the gold I had found.我告诉他们我找到黄金的情况时,他们惊讶得张着大嘴看着我。
- gaze at, fix on, glare at, stare at
这四个短语的共同意思是“注意看”。其区别是：fix on是普通用语,指目光集中在某物上或注意力集中在某事上; glare at指愤怒、凶猛地看,强调敌对或威胁的态度; gaze at指着迷地或惊羡地看,强调目不转睛; 而stare at则指呆呆地看,含有无礼或粗鲁的意味。例如:He glared at me hatefully.他以仇视的眼神盯着我。He is gazing at the beautiful woman.他凝视着那位漂亮的女人。It's rude to stare at other people.直勾勾地看人不礼貌。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自瑞典方言的gsaa，意为目瞪口呆地凝视。
- gaze:gaze v. 盯, 凝视n. 凝视…