- [C]缺口,裂口 opening or break in sth or between two things
- [C]间隔,间隙 unfilled interval of space
- [C]差距 separation; difference
- [C]不足,缺陷 defficiency which needs to be filled
- a conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures;
"gap between income and outgo"
"the spread between lending and borrowing costs"
- an open or empty space in or between things;
"there was a small opening between the trees"
"the explosion made a gap in the wall"
- a narrow opening;
"he opened the window a crack"
- a pass between mountain peaks
- a difference (especially an unfortunate difference) between two opinions or two views or two situations
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity;
"it was presented without commercial breaks"
"there was a gap in his account"
- make an opening or gap in
- He has a gap between his two front teeth.
- A big gap yawned between the rocks.
- They planed to narrow the gap between imports and exports.
- We are determined to bring credit to our country by filling this gap in our industry.
The gate was locked but we went through a gap in the fence.
There is a gap of five miles between towns.
The record is not complete; there are several gaps in it.
There is a wide gap between the views of the two statesmen.
We must see that there is no gap in our defense.
- the generation gap
代沟difference in attitude, or lack of understanding, between young people and older people
Do you want to bridge the generation gap? 你想弥合代沟吗?
- 代沟difference in attitude, or lack of understanding, between young people and older people
- bridge gaps 跨过鸿沟,填补裂缝
- close the gap 缩小差距
- feel a gap 感觉差距
- fill a gap 弥补缺陷
- find〔leave〕 a gap 发现〔留下〕空白
- lessen a gap 缩小差距
- clear gap 清清楚楚的裂缝〔分歧〕
- cultural gap 文化差异
- definite gap 明确的差距〔分歧〕
- huge〔wide〕 gap 巨大的鸿沟
- awkward gap 难以处理的隔阂〔分歧〕
- economic gap 经济差距
- communications gap 思想隔阂,感情隔阂
- credibility gap 信用差距
- generation gap 代沟
- poverty gap 贫困的深渊
- stop gap 权宜之计
- trade gap 贸易差额
There were wide gaps between the buildings..where dwellings had been shelled or burned.出自：M. Mitchell
The path led me..through a gap in a high elder hedge.出自：J. T. Story
Eager hands tore down the sandbags to gap a passage for them.出自：B. Cable
- gap:GAP GAP是Good Aquaculture Practices 的缩写，中文意识是“良好农业规范”。 GAP主要针对未加工和最简单加工（生的）出售给消费者和加工企业的大多数果蔬的种植、采收、清…