- [C]画廊,美术馆 a building or room where people can go to look at paintings
- [C]楼座; (议会的)旁听席 an upper floor built out from an inner wall of a hall, from which activities in the hall may be watched
- [C]廊台 raised covered platform or passage along an inner wall of a hall, church, etc.
- [C]走廊 covered walk or corridor partly open at one side
spectators at a golf or tennis match
a porch along the outside of a building (sometimes partly enclosed)
a room or series of rooms where works of art are exhibited
a long usually narrow room used for some specific purpose;
a covered corridor (especially one extending along the wall of a building and supported with arches or columns)
narrow recessed balcony area along an upper floor on the interior of a building; usually marked by a colonnade
a horizontal (or nearly horizontal) passageway in a mine;
"they dug a drift parallel with the vein"
- The gallery has a show of French oil painting.
- She is a frequent visitor to the gallery.
- The gallery is a treasure trove of medieval art.
- There's a new picture show at the gallery tomorrow.
- Our seats are in the gallery tonight.
- He had been stamping impatiently about the gallery.
- The art galleries of Florence are very famous.
- The visitor's gallery in the House of Commons was full.
- The armor is displayed in a long gallery.
- play to the gallery
哗众取宠behave in an exaggerated way to attract the attention of onlookers
- the main gallery 主要画廊
- the public gallery 旁听席
- guest's gallery 贵宾席
- picture gallery 美术展览馆
- reporter's gallery 记者席
- art gallery 艺术作品陈列馆
There is in the gallery of the Tuilleries, on the right as you enter the gardens, an Ionic column.出自： H. Hunter
Well-wishers..drove him home, and deposited him..in the swing on his own front gallery.出自： W. A. Percy
- arcade 拱廊
- corridor 走廊
- balcony 阳台
- porch 门廊
- passage 通过
- hallway 过道
- grandstand 正面看台
- veranda 阳台
- colonnade 柱廊
- galleria 商业街廊
- passageway 通道
- portico 柱廊
- walkway 走道
- museum 博物馆
- auditorium 礼堂
- theater 剧场
- underground 地下的
- art gallery 画廊
- heading 标题
- picture gallery 美术馆
- verandah 游廊
- drift 漂流