an asset of special worth or utility;
"cooking is his forte"
the stronger part of a sword blade between the hilt and the foible
used chiefly as a direction or description in music;
"the forte passages in the composition"
used as a direction in music; to be played relatively loudly
- Singing is not really my forte, but I'll try.
- Diplomacy was not Margaret's forte .
- His forte is after-dinner speeches.
- To negotiate with our buyers is my forte.
- Mathematics was never my forte .
- Cooking has always been my mother's forte.
He, as though repetition were his forte, repeated the words.出自： W. Trevor
- strong point 支撑点,坚固支撑点...
- specialty 专业
- speciality 专长
- strong suit 特长
- strength 力气
- gift 礼物
- talent 天赋
- loud 大声的
- fortissimo 极强音地
- loudly 大声地
- metier 职业
- long suit 长牌
- piano 钢琴