- [A]经济的,经济学的 connected with trade, industry, and the management of money; of economics
- 合算的,有经济效益的 profitable
- of or relating to an economy, the system of production and management of material wealth;
"aspects of social, political, and economical life"
- of or relating to the science of economics;
- using the minimum of time or resources necessary for effectiveness;
"an economic use of home heating oil"
"a modern economical heating system"
"an economical use of her time"
- concerned with worldly necessities of life (especially money);
"he wrote the book primarily for economic reasons"
"gave up the large house for economic reasons"
"in economic terms they are very privileged"
- financially rewarding;
"it was no longer economic to keep the factory open"
"have to keep prices high enough to make it economic to continue the service"
- They had led the country into economic disaster.
- The threat of an economic depression hangs over the world.
- The economic sanctions could not prevent the development of that country.
- It is not always economic for buses to run on Sundays.
We gave up the house because of economic considerations.
Cotton is the economic plants of this region.
The country was in a bad economic state.
The airline says this route is no longer economic , so they're going to discontinue it.
There was uranium in sufficient quantity to make mining economic.
It hadn't the remotest connection with..economic necessity, it was..self-indulgence.出自：J. Braine
The main economic drawback of the diesel carsits pricesremains.出自：Which?
- economic, economical, economy, financial
这四个词都可以表示“经济的”。economic除指“经济的”(即与国计民生有关的)外,还表示“经济上有收益的,有利可图的”; economical指“节约的,精打细算的”; financial指“财政的,财务的,财力的”; economy作形容词用在名词前面,构成名词短语,其含意相当于economical。
- ☆ 16世纪90年代进英入语，直接源自古典拉丁语的oeconomicus；最初源自古希腊语的oikonomikos。
- economic:economic adj. 经济(上)的, 产供销的, 经济学的…