- [A]经济的,经济学的 connected with trade, industry, and the management of money; of economics
- 合算的,有经济效益的 profitable
of or relating to an economy, the system of production and management of material wealth;
"aspects of social, political, and economical life"
of or relating to the science of economics;
using the minimum of time or resources necessary for effectiveness;
"an economic use of home heating oil"
"a modern economical heating system"
"an economical use of her time"
concerned with worldly necessities of life (especially money);
"he wrote the book primarily for economic reasons"
"gave up the large house for economic reasons"
"in economic terms they are very privileged"
"it was no longer economic to keep the factory open"
"have to keep prices high enough to make it economic to continue the service"
- Economic analysis displays its effectiveness in tackling pollution.
- They had led the country into economic disaster.
- The threat of an economic depression hangs over the world.
- The economic sanctions could not prevent the development of that country.
- It is not always economic for buses to run on Sundays.
- We gave up the house because of economic considerations.
- Cotton is the economic plants of this region.
- The country was in a bad economic state.
- The airline says this route is no longer economic , so they're going to discontinue it.
- There was uranium in sufficient quantity to make mining economic.
It hadn't the remotest connection with..economic necessity, it was..self-indulgence.出自： J. Braine
The main economic drawback of the diesel carsits pricesremains.出自：Which?
- economic, economical, economy, financial
- 这四个词都可以表示“经济的”。economic除指“经济的”(即与国计民生有关的)外,还表示“经济上有收益的,有利可图的”; economical指“节约的,精打细算的”; financial指“财政的,财务的,财力的”; economy作形容词用在名词前面,构成名词短语,其含意相当于economical。
- ☆ 16世纪90年代进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语的oeconomicus；最初源自古希腊语的oikonomikos。