- [C]鹰 a very large strong meat-eating bird
any of various large keen-sighted diurnal birds of prey noted for their broad wings and strong soaring flight
(golf) a score of two strokes under par on a hole
a former gold coin in the United States worth 10 dollars
an emblem representing power;
"the Roman eagle"
shoot two strokes under par;
"She eagled the hole"
shoot in two strokes under par
- The eagle held a mouse in its claws.
- The eagle dived down on the rabbit.
- The eagle poised in mid-air ready to swoop on its prey.
- Eagles cleaved the sky.
- The bald eagle is the emblem of US.