a region subject to dust storms; especially the central region of United States subject to dust storms in the 1930s
- The "dust bowl" covered one hundred countries.
- One of the most destructive droughts in recent memory is the 1930s American Dust Bowl,which lasted only six years.
- One of the most destructive droughts in recent memory is the 1930s American Dust Bowl, which lasted only six years.
- He worked his way from Dust Bowl Oklahoma to California, met and married my mother when he was 18 and then was called up to war.
他沿路做工挣钱，从俄克拉荷马州的达斯特 - 鲍尔来到加利福尼亚。 十八岁上他与我母亲相遇并与她结婚，之后便应征去打仗。
- Thus began the shift from agriculture to industry, and the urbanization of a state many easterners could think of only as a dust bowl.
- In the highway's heyday, Route66 streamed with Dust Bowl fugitives, World War II supplies, hitchhiking GI's and post-war seekers of the California dream.