- 极糟糕的，极坏的， 很糟的
- 灾难性的,造成灾害的 being or causing a disaster
- 极坏的,很糟的 very bad
(of events) having extremely unfortunate or dire consequences; bringing ruin;
"the stock market crashed on Black Friday"
"a calamitous defeat"
"the battle was a disastrous end to a disastrous campaign"
"such doctrines, if true, would be absolutely fatal to my theory"
"it is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it"
"a fateful error"
- The new system has had a disastrous effect on productivity.
- This environmental effect of this new factory could be disastrous.
- Such a mistake would perhaps lead to disastrous consequences.
- The economic position of the country is disastrous.
- His original idea was good, but his execution of the scheme was disastrous.
- Her investment had disastrous consequences: she lost everything she owned.
- Carelessness in driving often results in disastrous accidents.
- The road was disastrous.
He prov'd alwaies desastrous in love.出自： J. Marston