- 致命的 causing or resulting in death
- 灾难性的 causing disaster
- 重大的,决定性的 fateful; decisive
having momentous consequences; of decisive importance;
"that fateful meeting of the U.N. when...it declared war on North Korea"
"the fatal day of the election finally arrived"
(of events) having extremely unfortunate or dire consequences; bringing ruin;
"the stock market crashed on Black Friday"
"a calamitous defeat"
"the battle was a disastrous end to a disastrous campaign"
"such doctrines, if true, would be absolutely fatal to my theory"
"it is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it"
"a fateful error"
controlled or decreed by fate; predetermined;
"a fatal series of events"
- We gave the enemy a fatal blow.
- There is a fatal flaw in the plan.
- A possibly fatal crisis may be at hand.
- The fatal day of the election finally arrived.
- Her children's death is a fatal blow on her.
- I made the fatal mistake of letting her talk.
- It is the fatal day to me.
- The disease is fatal.
- Good management is fatal for the success of the reform.
- This is fatal to his hopes.
- It would be fatal to bring in outsider.
It is fatal to our author ever to blunder when he talks of Egypt.出自： R. Bentley