belonging to or having the characteristics of a despot
ruled by or characteristic of a despot;
"moved from a feudal to a despotic order"
"his administration was arrogant and despotic"
characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty;
"an authoritarian regime"
"a dictatorial rule that lasted for the duration of the war"
"a tyrannical government"
- Our headmaster is a despotic person.
- He is utterly despotic to his subordinates.
- He was a despotic emperor.
- People rose up against the despotic rule of their potentate.
- Untold millions of believers have served him faithfully under despotic governments.
She became too old and sick to continue her despotic reign.出自： L. Deighton
- dictatorial 独裁的
- tyrannical 暴虐的
- authoritarian 权力主义的
- autocratic 独裁的
- repressive 镇压的
- absolute 绝对的
- high-handed 高压的
- domineering 专横的
- despotical 暴君的
- tyrannic 暴虐的
- democracy 民主国家