offensively self-assured or given to exercising usually unwarranted power;
"an autocratic person"
"a bossy way of ordering others around"
"a rather aggressive and dominating character"
"managed the employees in an aloof magisterial way"
"a swaggering peremptory manner"
characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty;
"an authoritarian regime"
"a dictatorial rule that lasted for the duration of the war"
"a tyrannical government"
- Don't play into the hands of this autocratic Chinese regime.
- But his devotion to socialist principles and indiscreet hostility to Stalin's autocratic rule led to his undoing.
- Some feudal states were ruled by autocratic kings.
- The president veers between social democracy and a more autocratic, radical brand of leftism.
- It is widely believed that the Peugeot family tired of Mr Streiff's autocratic ways and penchant for confrontation.
- autocrat 独裁者