- vt. 鄙视，看不起某人〔事〕 feel contempt for sb/sth;consider sb/sth as worthless
look down on with disdain;
"He despises the people he has to work for"
"The professor scorns the students who don't catch on immediately"
- He claims to despise riches.
- You must not despise a man because he is poor.
- I despise his refusing to accept responsibility.
- It is incorrect to despise woman.
- Practice is as important as theory, but we are apt to value the latter and despise the former.
- Honest boys despise lies and liars.
He hates and despises cheaters at cards, or dice.出自： D. Runyon
One of the vaqueros who still despised the jeep or Ford as a means of locomotion.出自： E. Ferber
- scorn 轻蔑
- hate 憎恨
- loathe 厌恶
- look down on 俯视
- spurn 轻蔑地拒绝
- deride 嘲笑
- disdain 轻蔑
- contemn 侮辱
- dislike 不喜欢
- detest 厌恶
- abhor 憎恶
- abominate 痛恨
- look down upon 轻视
- despisingly adv. 看不起地，鄙视地