hide from view or knowledge;
"The President covered the fact that he bugged the offices in the White House"
- The parents tried to smother up his son's crime.
- No pretty words can cover up its aggressive acts.
- She laughed to cover her anxiety.
- They won't be able to hush up their crime any more.
- We used a piece of fabric used to cover up a hole.
- Cover the tab opening with cellophane tape.
- She covered up the baby with a shawl.
- One girl wanted to cover him in whipped cream and honey.
- cover up 掩盖