become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation;
"After the fight both men need to cool off."
"It took a while after the baby was born for things to settle down again."
"His enthusiasm cooled considerably"
feel less enamoured of something or somebody
- Come on, have some tea and cool off.
- I hope the two countries will cool off a bit, or there will be a war.
- Let's go and have icecream to cool off.
- Try walking on water to cool off an overheated ego.
- The ground cools off toward evening.
- cool off 变凉，使冷却...