- n. 会议；讨论会；协商会；会谈
- [C]会议 meeting
- [U]讨论,商谈 a meeting held so that opinions and ideas on a subject, or a number of subjects, can be exchanged
a prearranged meeting for consultation or exchange of information or discussion (especially one with a formal agenda)
an association of sports teams that organizes matches for its members
a discussion among participants who have an agreed (serious) topic
- He is in conference.
- An international conference will be held in Beijing next month.
- There will be a banquet following the conference.
- We are all fully confident that the conference will be a great success.
- Peace was the dominant theme of the conference.
- Nearly all the members attended the conference.
- The manager can't see you now, because he is in conference.
- I'll have a conference with the manager.
- address a conference 在会上发言
- attend a conference 出席大会
- break off a conference 中断会议
- call〔sponsor〕 a conference 召开〔发起〕会议
- close a conference 闭会
- have〔hold〕 a conference 举行会议
- open a conference 开始开会〔会谈〕
- annual conference 年会
- friendly conference 友好的会议
- individual conference 个别交谈
- informal conference 非正式的会议
- international conference 国际会议
- private conference 私下会晤
- round-table conference 圆桌会议
- business〔peace〕 conference 商业〔和平〕会议
- family conference 家庭会议
- news〔press〕 conference 记者招待会
- staff conference 职工大会
- conference call 电话会议
Nor with such free and friendly conference As..of old.出自：Julius Caesar , Shakespeare
There was a conference of four union officials as to whether the..coal-miners..should strike.出自： S. Lewis