chip away at的英文翻译是什么意思，词典释义与在线翻译：
remove or withdraw gradually:
"These new customs are chipping away at the quality of life"
chip away at的用法和样例：
- I was beginning to chip away at his lead.
- The mason was chipping away at the rock with a hammer.
- All her life,little by little,he's tried to chip away at her hopes!
- He was chipping away at the rock with a hammer.
- He chipped away at a block of marble with a chisel.
- The new manager learned to chip away at the firm's methods,rather than try to change everything at once.