英 [tʃes] 美 [tʃes]
- n. 国际象棋
- [U]棋,国际象棋 game for two people, played on a board with pieces that are moved in an attempt to checkmate the opponent's king
weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat
a board game for two players who move their 16 pieces according to specific rules; the object is to checkmate the opponent's king
- My win at chess raised my spirits a little.
- I'm not very fond of playing chess.
- It was the first time I'd won since I'd learnt to play chess.
- Chess is his favorite diversion.
- He will take part in a chess tournament next week.
- I like to play chess with my father.
- Chess is played by two people.
- The twin sisters played a game of chess just now.