a coarse prickly European weed with spikes of blue flowers; naturalized in United States
the sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate; used as a sedative and a hypnotic
- Being out of health, she was sorely afflicted with the blue devils.
- Being out of health,she was sorely afflicted with the blue devils.
- The Blue Devils' record in the NCAA tournament the past two seasons is not.
- The drunken old man had a fit of the blue devils last night,and was making a dreadful noise.
- They knew that when blue devils had seized the inmates of these cages,they couldn't eat.
- And yet it has not the blue devils， but the blue angels in it， in the azure tint of its waters.