- [C](人、動物的)毛，茸毛，汗毛 a fine threadlike growth from the skin of a person or animal
- [U]頭髮 a mass of these growths, especially on the head of human beings
a covering for the body (or parts of it) consisting of a dense growth of threadlike structures (as on the human head); helps to prevent heat loss;
"he combed his hair"
"each hair consists of layers of dead keratinized cells"
a very small distance or space;
"they escaped by a hair's-breadth"
"they lost the election by a whisker"
filamentous hairlike growth on a plant;
any of the cylindrical filaments characteristically growing from the epidermis of a mammal;
"there is a hair in my soup"
cloth woven from horsehair or camelhair; used for upholstery or stiffening in garments
a filamentous projection or process on an organism
- I'll have my hair trimmed tomorrow.
- She wears her hair in a bun.
- Hair is easy to collect and convenient to store.
- She won by a hair.
- We escaped by a hair's breadth.
- She is combing her matted hair.
- That dress matches her red hair.
- She patted her hair to be sure that it was neat.
- She put up her hair and suddenly she was precipitated into maturity.
- Helen got up her hair before going to the dinner party.
- All her hair was burned off in the fire, but the doctors have promised that it will soon grow back.
- She asked the barber to crop her hair short.
- She caught up her hair into a bun.
- The little girl decorated her hair with flowers.
- His hair was cropped when he entered the army.
- His hair was carefully arranged.
- The barber had cut your hair very short.
- Girls used to put their hair up on their seventeenth birthdays.
- Mary asked me to help her to bind up her long hair.
- She kept pushing back wisps of hair that fell over her eyes.
- All the girls in that high school were required to wear short hair.
- Your face was turned away, but I recognized you by your hair.
- How I envy you; I wish I could make my hair curl like that.
- There were three white hairs on his coat.
- He tore his hair when he saw the wrecked car.
- The arrangement suits him to a hair.
- The patient's life is hanging by a hair.
- He escaped death by a hair's breath.
- The bottom of the nest is laid with feathers and hairs.
- The hairs on a plant are fine like threads.
- The cat has left her loose hairs all over my clothes.
- The horse has a good coat of hair.
- get in sb's hair
惹惱某人 annoy sb
- keep one's hair on
保持鎮定 remain calm
- let one's hair down
行為無拘無束,盡情享受 behave informally; enjoy oneself freely
- make sb's hair stand on end
使某人害怕 make sb very afraid
- split hairs
對某事作過分瑣細的分析 get the analysis to sth unimportant
- turn a hair
面不改色 show no fear
- arrange one's hair 整理頭髮
- brush one's hair 梳理頭髮
- color sb's hair 給某人染髮
- comb one's hair 梳頭
- cut (off) sb's hair 給某人削髮
- do sb's hair 給某人做頭髮
- do up one's hair (女人)梳理頭髮,把頭髮盤起來
- dress one's hair 梳理頭髮
- fix sb's hair 給某人梳頭
- have one's hair cut (讓別人)理髮
- let one's hair down 使頭髮下垂散開；不拘禮節,態度隨便
- part one's hair 把頭髮從中間向兩邊分開
- set hair 做頭髮
- shave (off) sb's hair 給某人剃頭
- tear one's hair out 撕扯自己的頭髮(以示憤怒、焦急、悲傷等)
- wear one's hair long 留長發
- tease one's hair 把頭髮反梳使之蓬起
- comb sb's hair for him 申斥某人
- get in sb's hair 惹惱某人
- get out of sb's hair 停止惹惱某人
- keep one's hair on 保持冷靜,不發脾氣
- make sb's hair stand on end 使某人毛骨悚然
- smooth sb's hair the wrong way 使某人惱怒
- split hairs over sth 對某事作過分瑣細的分析,吹毛求疵
- turn a hair 不動聲色
- beautiful hair 美麗的頭髮,秀髮
- black hair 黑髮
- brown hair 褐色的頭髮
- dark hair 黑髮
- falling hair 披髮
- false hair 假髮
- flowing hair 平滑的頭髮
- golden hair 金黃色的頭髮
- grey hair 灰白頭髮
- light hair 稀疏的頭髮
- long hair 長發
- lovely hair 漂亮的頭髮
- nice hair 漂亮的頭髮
- red hair 紅髮
- short hair 短髮
- single hair 一根頭髮
- smooth hair 光滑的頭髮
- soft hair 柔軟的頭髮
- straight hair 直挺的頭髮
- thick hair 濃密的頭髮
- thin hair 稀疏的頭髮
- white hair 白髮
- yellow hair 黃頭髮
And would not hurt a hair upon his head.出自： J. Wilson
- hair指「(人、動物的)毛，茸毛，汗毛」時是可數名詞,可與數詞連用表示具體數量(如幾根),也可用a few, many, several等修飾表示不定數量。
- hair, fur, skin
- 這組詞的意思並不相同:hair的意思是「頭髮」或「(動、植物的)毛髮」; fur指動物(熊、兔、狐、羊等)的柔毛、軟毛,也可指裘毛皮服裝或裝飾物; skin可指人或動物的皮、皮膚,也可指果實等的外皮、殼。例如:
- If you put your hair forward, it would suit your face better.如果你把頭髮往前梳就更適合你的臉型了。
- She was wearing a silver fox fur across her shoulders.她肩上披了一條銀狐皮(圍巾)。
- The poison may be absorbed through the skin.毒物可能通過皮膚被吸入。
誤 She is doing her hairs.
正 She is doing her hair.
析 hair 作「滿頭頭髮」解時,作單數名詞使用; 作「幾根毛髮」解可用作複數。他打算去理髮。
誤 He is going to have his hair done at the barber's.
正 He is going to have his hair cut at the barber's.她打算去理髮。
誤 She is going to have her hair cut at the barber's.
正 She is going to have her hair done at the barber's.
析 用於男子理髮可說have one's hair cut,用於女子理髮可說have one's hair done。
- ☆ 直接源自古英語的har；最初源自古高地德語的har，意為發。