- [C]钟,铃,电铃 a round hollow metal object, usually open-ended which makes a ringing sound when struck, or an electrical instrument which makes a similar sound
- [S]钟声,铃声 the sound of a bell
- [C]钟状物 sth shaped like a bell, hollow and widening towards the end
a hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck
a push button at an outer door that gives a ringing or buzzing signal when pushed
the sound of a bell being struck;
"saved by the bell"
"she heard the distant toll of church bells"
(nautical) each of the eight half-hour units of nautical time signaled by strokes of a ship's bell; eight bells signals 4:00, 8:00, or 12:00 o'clock, either a.m. or p.m.
the shape of a bell
a phonetician and father of Alexander Graham Bell (1819-1905)
English painter; sister of Virginia Woolf; prominent member of the Bloomsbury Group (1879-1961)
United States inventor (born in Scotland) of the telephone (1847-1922)
a percussion instrument consisting of a set of tuned bells that are struck with a hammer; used as an orchestral instrument
the flared opening of a tubular device
attach a bell to;
- The church bell tolled the hour.
- I was roused by the sound of the bell this morning.
- I was too preoccupied to hear the bell.
- The church bell calls up my wedding day.
- The young monk clangs the bell every morning.
- Lots of bell ringers were killed by lightning.
- The thief got flurried,thinking that it was too bad to have produced the crashiing sound which would himself on the bell,trying to muffle the crashing sound with his arms.
- There goes the bell.
- The bell is ringing.
- He rang the bell for his secretary.
- The bell rang for the end of school.
- The ringing of a bell roused me.
- When the bell rang, the children swarmed out of the school.
- The morning bell is sounded at six every morning.
- As soon as the bell rang he closed his speech.
- As soon as the bell rang, the captain gave orders to cast off, and the voyage began.
- The cyclist rang his bell loudly.
- The bell rings and the class begins.
- She awoke to the ringing of an electric bell.
- Don't delay.The bell is going to ring.Please turn in your paper immediately.
- The church bells summon people to worship.
- The loud bell on the clock broke in upon his dreams.
- The bell sang out the hour of midnight.
- Please ring the bell if you want anything.
- The two boxers battled until the final bell.
- The tinkling bell accompanied the girl's ringing laughter.
- The children are not allowed in until the school bell rings, whatever the weather.
- The sound of the bell diverted the boy's attention from the toy.
- It is possible to ring the changes on five bells for over two hours.
- The bell of a flower is very beautiful.
- She was reading a book when he gave her a bell.
- Please save my place for me while I give somebody a bell.
- answer the bell 应铃而出
- bear the bell 得胜,得第一
- carry away the bell 得胜,得第一
- listen to the bell 倾听钟声
- lose the bell 战败
- press the bell 按门铃
- ring a bell 打铃,按门铃
- sound a bell 敲铃
- alarm bell 警钟
- church bell 教堂钟声,教堂里的钟
- door bell 门铃
- evening bell 晚钟
- getting-up bell 起床铃
- nights-out bell 熄灯铃
- wedding bells 结婚钟声
- bell tower 钟楼
- at the bell 听到铃声
At seven bells in the morning all hands were called aft.出自： R. H. Dana
- 在非正式英语里give sb a bell可作“给某人打个电话”解。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的belle，意为钟，铃。
- chime 鸣
- alarm 警报
- toll 伤亡人数
- campana 排钟
- gong 锣
- siren 汽笛
- carillon 排钟
- curfew 宵禁
- chimes 动词chime的第三人称...
- ring 戒指
- tocsin 警铃
- dinger 铁道终点站站长...
- peal 钟声
- buoy 浮标
- signal 信号
- ship's bell 船上敲钟
- doorbell 门铃
- buzzer 蜂音器
- hand bell 手摇铃
- church bell 教堂钟声, 教堂里的钟...
- alarm bell 警铃
- bark (狗)吠
- bell shape 钟形
- Alexander Graham Bell 亚历山大·格雷...
- Alexander Bell 亚历山大·贝尔...