a metal that is common and not considered precious;
"lead, iron, copper, tin, and zinc are base metals"
- Magicians and alchemists have been trying to change base metal into gold for centuries.
- A spherical based metal material layer is formed above the base plate for covering the first patterned photo-resistive layer and the first projections.
- If weakness exists in the bond between the plate and the basic metal, blisters may also develop here.
- Particular series of deposits including the thickness and type of layers in multilayer deposits and treatments which have been applied to the base metal.
- We cannot transubstantiate base metals into gold.
- Base metals and gold are often found in association with magnetic minerals.
- After welding is complete, they shall be removed flush with the base metal without undercutting.
- The results show that certain thickness of the base metal and the regime of heat treatment will increase the peak hydrogen concentration and promote the tendency of disbonding.
- base metal 基本金属