a body of water that was created by a flood or tide or by being held or forced back by a dam;
"the bayous and backwaters are breeding grounds for mosquitos"
a place or condition in which no development or progress is occurring;
"the country is an economic backwater"
- Some were playing water-polo in the backwater.
- There aren't any good shops in this village, it's a real backwater.
- I find this town too much of a backwater.
- backwater distance 回水距离
- backwater gate 逆流防止门,防倒灌闸...
- tidal backwater 潮水顶托
- backwater function 回水函数
- backwater pump 回水泵
- backwater suppressor 回水制止设备...
- backwater valve 止回阀
- backwater length 回水长度
- backwater effect 回水作用,回水影响...
- backwater zone 回水区
- backwater trap 回水存水弯
- backwater slope 回水坡度
- backwater storage 回水库容
- reservoir backwater 水库回水
- backwater curve 回水曲线
- back water 划倒桨(退回原来立场...