one of a system of veins that drain the thoracic and abdominal walls; arises as a continuation of the right ascending lumbar vein and terminates in the superior vena cava
- The left pulmonary veins drained into the hemiazygous and azygous veins and eventually into the superior vena cava.
- There is a vein of melancholy in his character.
- 21 lesions passed through the aortic aperture, including lymphoma, lymphatic metastasis, other tumors and dilatation of azygous vein due to SVC obstruction;
- She helps her mother when she is in the vein.
- A vein of gold was seen cropping out.