one of a system of veins that drain the thoracic and abdominal walls; arises as a continuation of the right ascending lumbar vein and terminates in the superior vena cava
- The azygos vein ascends in the right paravertebral gutter.
- The tumor often spread to the adjacent structures in descending sequence: carina, tracheo-bronchus, descending aorta, azygos vein, pericardium, aortic arch.
- lymph node of arch of azygos vein
- Anastomosis of pulmonary vein and azygos vein
- azygos vein pulmonary artery shunt
- Methods The study was performed in 30 adults cadavers.The distributions, origins and valves of the lumbar veins, ascending lumbar veins and azygos veins were observed.