- 令人尴尬的; 使人难堪的 making you feel embarrassed; not comfortable, relaxed, or confident
- 难对付的; 难处理的 difficult to deal with; difficult to deal with and embarrassing
- 不方便的 not convenient; difficult to use or handle
- (因形状、设计而)产生困难的,危险的 difficult or dangerous because of its shape or design
- 不优美的; 难看的; 不舒适的 not graceful; not comfortable; slightly wrong and not attractive or graceful
- causing inconvenience;
"they arrived at an awkward time"
- lacking grace or skill in manner or movement or performance;
"an awkward dancer"
"an awkward gesture"
"too awkward with a needle to make her own clothes"
"his clumsy fingers produced an awkward knot"
- difficult to handle or manage especially because of shape;
"an awkward bundle to carry"
"a load of bunglesome paraphernalia"
"clumsy wooden shoes"
"the cello, a rather ungainly instrument for a girl"
- not elegant or graceful in expression;
"an awkward prose style"
"a clumsy apology"
"his cumbersome writing style"
"if the rumor is true, can anything be more inept than to repeat it now?"
- hard to deal with; especially causing pain or embarrassment;
"awkward (or embarrassing or difficult) moments in the discussion"
"an awkward pause followed his remark"
"a sticky question"
"in the unenviable position of resorting to an act he had planned to save for the climax of the campaign"
- socially uncomfortable; unsure and constrained in manner;
"awkward and reserved at parties"
"ill at ease among eddies of people he didn't know"
"was always uneasy with strangers"
- It's a little awkward, because he's my friend but I'm still his boss.
- He felt awkward and uncomfortable.
- Swans are surprisingly awkward on the land.
- The handle of this teapot has an awkward shape.
- The heavy ax was awkward to use.
She is an awkward girl.
He was an awkward dancer.
He runs with an awkward movement.
He walked with an awkward gait like a penguin.
That journalist's an awkward customer—she's always asking politicians the questions that they'd prefer not to answer.
Don't go too near the dog—he's an awkward customer.
His awkward speech made him difficult to understand.
This is an awkward tool.
It's an awkward machine to use.
This is an awkward corner to turn.
This tool has an awkward handle to hold.
An awkward manner makes everyone uneasy.
She had arranged all the furniture at awkward angles.
I had to bang in the nail at a rather awkward angle.
The handle of this pitcher has an awkward shape.
It was an awkward ascent, but we reached the top eventually.
The new garage made an awkward addition to the house.
One of his arms hung in an awkward way that told Kunta it had been broken.
There was an awkward silence.
After he spoke there was an awkward silence.
Her controversial comment was followed by an awkward silence.
Have I come at an awkward time?
Our visitors came at an awkward time.
He responded well to a very awkward situation.
I really don't know what to do in such an awkward situation.
She found herself in an awkward position.
You put me in a very awkward position.
They've been asking some very awkward questions.
The police asked some awkward questions about where the money had come from.
Luckily nobody asked any awkward questions about what he was doing there.
He asked me such an awkward question that I did not know what to reply.
The press conference came at an awkward time for me.
It was an awkward time to call.
They'd chosen an awkward time to call as I'd just go into the bath.
I hate being the first to arrive at a party—it makes me feel so awkward.
I always feel awkward when I'm with Chris—he's so difficult to talk to.
She felt awkward dealing with that client.
He will have to leave early because his wife is so awkward.
Some of the questions were rather awkward, but I still enjoyed the exam.
It's a bit awkward, because he's my friend but I'm still his boss.
The ascent of the ridge was very awkward.
Don't be so awkward—we've got to get this finished by tonight.
His landing was awkward, but it was only the second time he'd flown solo.
He is awkward at business.
The foreigner was awkward at handing chopsticks.
He felt awkward about leaving
She felt awkward about asking to borrow more money.
He is awkward in his manner.
Tom is awkward in his studies.
He was awkward in everything he did.
He stood there looking stiff and awkward in his uniform.
He is very awkward in doing a thing.
He is always awkward in giving his views.
Thursday is rather awkward for me. Could we meet on Tuesday?
He feels shy and awkward with women.
He is awkward with children.
He is still awkward with a knife and fork and drops food at each meal.
The child is still awkward with his chopsticks.
He's rather awkward with his hands.
I am rather awkward with tools; you do the job.
She was too awkward with a needle to make her own clothes.
The machine was very awkward to use.
The machine is awkward to handle.
This box is very awkward for one person to carry.
It is very awkward to use this tool.
It is very awkward to discuss such matters in public.
It is a bit awkward for me to come at that time.
It's rather awkward of you to refuse to do this job.
John is so shy and awkward that everyone notices him.
It is awkward that Brown should be unable to play in our team this week.
He made things very awkward for me taking me into his confidence.
- awkward child 笨拙的孩子
- awkward customer 难以应付的人
- awkward drawing 粗劣的图画
- awkward excuse 拙劣的借口
- awkward instrument 使用不便的工具
- awkward method 难以掌握的方法
- awkward position 尴尬的处境
- awkward posture 不雅的姿势
- awkward question 棘手的问题
- awkward situation 尴尬的境遇
- awkward staircase 不便上下的楼梯
I have not seen a more clumsy, aukward, and unhandy people.出自：Swift
Basketball and football players, great big awkward sorts of boys.出自：J. Irving
- awkward修饰人时意思是“笨拙的,不灵活的,不自然的,不得体的”; 修饰物时意思是“难操纵的,使用不便的; (处境)尴尬的,困窘的”; 修饰事时意思是“难处理的,棘手的”。
- awkward, clumsy
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自苏兰格语，意为转向错了。
- awkwardly adv. 局促不安地; 笨拙地 ‖awkwardness n. 难堪; 笨拙
- awkward:awkward adj. 难使用的, 笨拙的 英英解释:形容词awkward:1. causing inconvenience2. lacking grace or skill in manner o…