- adj. 傲慢的；自大的
- 傲慢的,自大的 behaving in a proud and superior manner; showing too much pride in oneself and too little consideration for others
having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride;
"an arrogant official"
"chesty as a peacock"
- One should never be arrogant even when he is at his best.
- Well as he does in study, he is not arrogant.
- It's arrogant of you to say that.
- He is an arrogant man.
- He always speaks in an arrogant tone.
- When men are most sure and arrogant, they are commonly most mistaken.
- The boss's son was arrogant to all the employees.
- He is arrogant toward us.
- It's arrogant of him to assume he'll win every time.
The arrogant man looks down on others, and with lowered eyelids hardly condescends to see them.出自： C. Darwin
Gudrun could see in Gerald an arrogant English contempt for a foreigner.出自： D. H. Lawrence
Bernard gave his orders in the sharp, rather arrogant and even offensive tone of one who does not feel himself too secure in his superiority.出自： Aldous Huxley