- 总共， 一共，合计
- 全部地,完全地 entirely; completely
- 总而言之 considering everything; on the whole
- 总共 including everything
informal terms for nakedness;
"in the raw"
"in the altogether"
"in his birthday suit"
to a complete degree or to the full or entire extent (`whole' is often used informally for `wholly');
"he was wholly convinced"
"entirely satisfied with the meal"
"it was completely different from what we expected"
"was completely at fault"
"a totally new situation"
"the directions were all wrong"
"it was not altogether her fault"
"an altogether new approach"
"a whole new idea"
with everything included or counted;
"altogether he earns close to a million dollars"
with everything considered (and neglecting details);
"altogether, I'm sorry it happened"
"all in all, it's not so bad"
- He bought altogether 500 hectares of land.
- There are ten people altogether.
- I am altogether on your side in this matter.
- I dissent altogether from such an unwise idea.
- The noise has altogether stopped.
- The boy took careful aim but he missed the target altogether.
- I'm sorry.I have forgotten it altogether.
- This word may be omitted altogether.
- They wiped out the enemy altogether.
- Your work is altogether perfect.
- The story is altogether false.
- The work was altogether satisfactory.
- The city has put on an altogether new look since it built the flyovers.
- They are altogether mistaken in their conclusion.
- It is altogether an impossible task to perform.
- It is altogether out of the question.
- That's an altogether different kind of support.
- I'd like three dozen altogether.
- Brooks had eleven guns altogether.
- You owe me $3 altogether.
- I'd like to have 100 sheets altogether.
- The author wrote seven books altogether.
- There are more than 100,000 books in our library altogether.
- I don't altogether agree with you.
- My new house isn't altogether finished.
- The weather was bad and the trains were crowded, altogether, it wasn't a very satisfactory excursion.
- Your idea isn't altogether bad.
- Her answers are not altogether wrong.
- He was not altogether pleased with his new car.
- The thing is not altogether impossible.
- Your composition is not altogether bad.
- This book is not altogether worthless, but it is so much out of date that it is better not to read it.
- I'm not altogether satisfied.
- Altogether, the book is quite interesting.
- Altogether, the children have done very well.
- Altogether, he is a good driver.
- Altogether,I think the plan isn't well throughout.
- Altogether, our achievements are very great.
- It was an interesting job, and we learnt that many new things; altogether, we saw nothing to regret.
- taken altogether
从全体上看,整个说来 considering everything
Circumcision is nothynge..but the keppynge of the commaundmentes of god is altogether.出自：Bible (Tyndale): 1 Corinthians
误 When the news that our school football team had won the championship reached us, we cheered altogether.
正 When the news that our school football team had won the championship reached us, we cheered all together.艾德和凯奇住在了一起,但他们没有要结婚的计划。
误 Ade and Cage are living altogether, but they have no plans to get married.
正 Ade and Cage are living together, but they have no plans to get married.
析 altogether是“完全,全然”的意思, together是“一起”的意思, all together则强调all,即“全体一起〔一致〕”。只有在作“总共”解时, altogether和all together才可以互换。例如：We spent altogether〔all together〕 about ten years compiling the dictionary.我们总共花了近十年时间才编写了这本词典。 There are all together〔altogether〕 forty-four students in our class.我们班一共44个学生。