more than one but indefinitely small in number;
"a few roses"
"a couple of roses"
- There was a slight quiver in his voice as he spoke.
- The wooden floor has a noticeable slant.
- She juiced a few oranges for her breakfast.
- Several nations formed a defense league.
- A few anatomic mysteries remain unsolved.
- In the morning the storm relented a little.
- not exchange more than a few words with 同 ... 没有谈过...
- a man of few words 沉默寡言的人,没有多...
- a person of few words 沉默寡言的人,没有多...
- not a few 不少(很多)
- say a few words 说几句话
- in a few words 简单地说(总而言之)...
- a smart few 相当多
- handful 一把
- a couple of 两个, 几个