that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason;
"his mind wandered"
"I couldn't get his words out of my head"
the immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life
(Greek mythology) a beautiful princess loved by Cupid who visited her at night and told her she must not try to see him; became the personification of the soul
- It was a false alarm at the psych ward.
- In psychoanalysis, the division of the psyche that is conscious, most immediately controls thought and behavior, and is most in touch with external reality.
- The psyche was empty of its struggles and its pains.
- She spent her life plumbing the mysteries of the human psyche.
- It's violence to your own psyche.
- evil acts(deeds)