- [C]大脑,脑子 the part inside the head of a person or an animal that thinks and feels
- [U]脑浆,脑髓 organ of the body that consisting of a mass of soft grey matter inside the head
- [U][C]智慧,智力 the ability to think clearly, quickly, and well
- [C]聪明的人,智囊人物 a person with a good mind
- that part of the central nervous system that includes all the higher nervous centers; enclosed within the skull; continuous with the spinal cord
- mental ability;
"he's got plenty of brains but no common sense"
- that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason;
"his mind wandered"
"I couldn't get his words out of my head"
- someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality;
"Mozart was a child genius"
"he's smart but he's no Einstein"
- the brain of certain animals used as meat
- hit on the head
- kill by smashing someone's skull
- His brain seems to be functioning normally.
- His brain was clouded by vapours and dreams.
- She has a good brain.
- You need brains to become a university professor.
- He is one of the leading brains in the country.
- Brain is the master control center of the body.
- The medulla oblongata is the most vital part of the brain because it contains centers controlling breathing and heart functioning.
- I'll brain you if you don't keep quiet.
He burst one of his brain vessels.
The surgeon operated on his brain.
The human brain is a complex brain.
He has a mathematical brain.
He has a fine brain.
He has got a lot of brains.
He has very little brains.
He hasn't much brains.
Two brains are better than one.
I hired you for your brains, so why don't you use them?
She's a clever girl with plenty of brains.
John is the brain of the family.
Some of the best brains in the country are here tonight.
Sheep's brains is his favourite dish.
- beat one's brains out
碰破头 bit one's head and make it be bloody
When he fell from the cliff, he beat his brains out. 他掉下悬崖,摔得头破血流。
绞尽脑汁 spend a lot of time thinking or worrying about sth
I've been beating my brains out all day over that report, and I still can't find a way to make my suggestions politely. 一天来我为那份报告绞尽了脑汁,可还是没找到婉转地提出建议的方法。
- 碰破头 bit one's head and make it be bloody
- blow one's brains out
对准脑袋开枪自杀 shoot him through the head
Twice Robert Clive tried to blow his own brains out, and both times he failed. 罗伯特·克莱夫两次企图开枪射击头部自杀,但都没有成功。
When his plans all failed, the chairman blew his brains out. 这位董事长的计划完全失败后,他对准脑袋开枪自杀了。
- 对准脑袋开枪自杀 shoot him through the head
- brain drain
人才外流 brain gone to outside
As a result of the brain drain Britain does not have enough doctors. 由于人才外流,英国缺乏医生。
That maths exam I took was a regular brain drain. 我参加的那次数学考试实在是伤透脑筋的一次考试。
- 人才外流 brain gone to outside
- bruise one's brains
苦苦思索 think sth hard
I was bruising my brains trying to think where I had seen him. 我在拼命回想,在哪里见过他。
- 苦苦思索 think sth hard
- have on the brains
一心想着某事物,对某事物入迷 think about sth constantly, be obsessed by sth have sth on the brains
I've had this tune on the brain all day but I can't remember what it's called.我脑海里整天回荡着这个曲调,但我想不起来叫什么。
- 一心想着某事物,对某事物入迷 think about sth constantly, be obsessed by sth have sth on the brains
- sb's brains need washing
某人该洗脑,某人的错误思想应该加以纠正 correct one's mistake thought
If that's what you think, your brains need washing. 如果你真是那样想的话,应予以纠正。
- 某人该洗脑,某人的错误思想应该加以纠正 correct one's mistake thought
- the brains
智力超群的人 cleverest person in a group
He's the brains of the family. 他是全家最聪明的人。
- 智力超群的人 cleverest person in a group
- the brains behind〔of〕...
…的策划者 the designer of sth
Tom was alleged to be the brains behind the Dozier kidnapping. 据说绑架杜兹是汤姆策划的。
He was the brains behind several prestige building projects in the 1930s. 在20世纪30年代,他是好几处享有盛誉的建筑的设计者。
She was the brains behind the whole scheme. 她是整个方案的背后主脑。
He was the brains of conspiracy. 他是阴谋的策划者。
- …的策划者 the designer of sth
- use one's brains
开动脑筋 start to think sth
That'll teach them to use their hands along with their brains. 那会给他们一个教训,遇事不仅要用手而且还要开动脑筋。
- 开动脑筋 start to think sth
- beat one's brain over 对…冥思苦想
- blow out sb's brains 把某人的脑袋打开花
- have brains 有头脑
- lack brains 缺乏头脑
- muddle the brain 使头脑糊涂
- operate on brain 对大脑施行手术
- pick sb's brain 采用某人的主张,抄袭他人的想法
- tax one's brain 费脑筋,苦思
- turn sb's brain 使某人得意忘形,冲昏某人的头脑
- use one's brain 动脑筋
- brain trust 智囊团
Was that plan the conception of any one brain?出自：W. Stubbs
Men of all ages who..hadn't the brains of an earwig.出自：V. Brittain
He beat his brains with algebra problems.He beat his brains to do algebra problems.He beat his brains doing algebra problems.他为解代数题而绞尽脑汁。
- 表示“智囊团”,英国人用brains trust,美国人用brain trust。
误 He has many brains.
正 He has much brains.
- BRAIN:Biotechnology Research and Information Network AG (Germany)生物技术研究和信息网络的银(德国)
- BRAIN:BEST (Boosting Engineering Science and Technology) Robotics Artificial Intelligence Node (Sherman, Texas)最好的(增加工程科技)的人工智能机器人的节点(谢尔曼,得克萨斯)
- BRAIN:Broadband Radio Access for IP-based Networks宽带无线接入ip网络
- brain:brain:【 brein 】n. 脑(子)v. 打...的脑袋 词形变化:动词过去式:brained 过去分词:brained 现在分词:braining 第三人称单数:brains 例句与用法:1…