- [C]大脑,脑子 the part inside the head of a person or an animal that thinks and feels
- [U]脑浆,脑髓 organ of the body that consisting of a mass of soft grey matter inside the head
- [U][C]智慧,智力 the ability to think clearly, quickly, and well
- [C]聪明的人,智囊人物 a person with a good mind
that part of the central nervous system that includes all the higher nervous centers; enclosed within the skull; continuous with the spinal cord
"he's got plenty of brains but no common sense"
that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason;
"his mind wandered"
"I couldn't get his words out of my head"
someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality;
"Mozart was a child genius"
"he's smart but he's no Einstein"
the brain of certain animals used as meat
hit on the head
kill by smashing someone's skull
- The drug may cause permanent brain damage.
- His brain seems to be functioning normally.
- His brain was clouded by vapours and dreams.
- She has a good brain.
- You need brains to become a university professor.
- He is one of the leading brains in the country.
- Brain is the master control center of the body.
- The medulla oblongata is the most vital part of the brain because it contains centers controlling breathing and heart functioning.
- I'll brain you if you don't keep quiet.
- beat one's brains out
绞尽脑汁 spend a lot of time thinking or worrying about sth
- blow one's brains out
对准脑袋开枪自杀 shoot him through the head
- brain drain
人才外流 brain gone to outside
- bruise one's brains
苦苦思索 think sth hard
- have on the brains
一心想着某事物,对某事物入迷 think about sth constantly, be obsessed by sth
have sth on the brains
I've had this tune on the brain all day but I can't remember what it's called.
- sb's brains need washing
某人该洗脑,某人的错误思想应该加以纠正 correct one's mistake thought
- the brains
智力超群的人 cleverest person in a group
- the brains behind〔of〕...
…的策划者 the designer of sth
- use one's brains
开动脑筋 start to think sth
- beat one's brain over 对…冥思苦想
- blow out sb's brains 把某人的脑袋打开花
- have brains 有头脑
- lack brains 缺乏头脑
- muddle the brain 使头脑糊涂
- operate on brain 对大脑施行手术
- pick sb's brain 采用某人的主张,抄袭他人的想法
- tax one's brain 费脑筋,苦思
- turn sb's brain 使某人得意忘形,冲昏某人的头脑
- use one's brain 动脑筋
- brain trust 智囊团
Was that plan the conception of any one brain?出自： W. Stubbs
Men of all ages who..hadn't the brains of an earwig.出自： V. Brittain