the use of tricks to deceive someone (usually to extract money from them)
- The fox's wiles will never enter the lion's head.
- The little boy has many wiles.
- All her wiles were not enough to persuade them to sell the villa.
- I am tricked by the salesman's wile into buying worthless goods.
- The teahouse is a great place to wile away an evening.
- wile away 消磨
Now..people are wise to the wiles of the credit card companies.出自：Guardian
She could neither be driven nor wiled into the parish kirk.出自： R. L. Stevenson