- vt. & vi. 放宽,加宽,(使)变宽 make wide or wider
become broader or wider or more extensive;
"The road widened"
make (clothes) larger;
"Let out that dress--I gained a lot of weight"
"widen the road"
extend in scope or range or area;
"The law was extended to all citizens"
"widen the range of applications"
"broaden your horizon"
"Extend your backyard"
- When are they going to widen the streets?
- Mr.Trent hopes the city won't go through with its plans to widen the street.
- We should widen the opportunities for adequate medical care.
- He wants to widen his knowledge of the industry.
- Reading books widely can widen your knowledge.
- His eyes widened in shocked disbelief.
- Her outlook gradually widens.
- The river widens as it flows.
- They are widening the road.
- This road needs to be widened.
The gates thus widen'd..Their ample entrance to the English gaue.出自： M. Drayton
- broaden 变宽
- amplify 扩大
- enlarge 扩大
- extend 延伸
- expand 使 ... 膨胀
- aggrandize 增加
- dilate 使扩大
- distend 扩大
- let out 放出
- narrow 有限的