- v. 使扩大；扩大；膨胀；详述
"His pupils were dilated"
add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing;
"She elaborated on the main ideas in her dissertation"
- Sometimes, I feel I need to dilate my pupils to remain attentive.
- The horse dilated its nostrils.
- The cat dilated its eyes in the darkness.
- The balloon will dilate with air.
- If there are time, I can dilate on the subject.
The Major dilated on Sal's unusual competence as a watchdog.出自： E. Crispin