the act of gambling;
"he did it on a bet"
the money risked on a gamble
stake on the outcome of an issue;
"I bet $100 on that new horse"
"She played all her money on the dark horse"
maintain with or as if with a bet;
"I bet she will be there!"
- Would you care to have a small wager on the game?
- I made a wager that our team would win.
- They laid a wager on the result of the race.
- You won't find better goods anywhere else, I'll wager.
- I'll wager you that he won't come.
- I wager ten dollars on it.
Old-timers..lay wagers on the exact day and hour it will occur.出自： A. Dillard
I'd wager house and field That..he has it yet.出自： Wordsworth
Stirner wagered Dr. Bernhardt two loaves.., a..stake that might have meant life or death for some inmates.出自： J. Hersey
More that $1 billion is wagered annually at state tracks.出自：Atlantic City