a doctor who practices veterinary medicine
a person who has served in the armed forces
work as a veterinarian;
"She vetted for the farms in the area for many years"
"Someone should vet this report before it goes out"
provide (a person) with medical care
provide veterinary care for
- I've tried every treatment the vet suggested.
- Injecting animals is all in a day's work for a vet.
- Officials say the military vet stepped in after the robber put a gun to a woman's head.
- Someone should vet this report before it goes out.
- we vet the proposed contract of hire to make sure that the terms are acceptable.
Officer Walker, a Vietnam vet.出自： D. DeLillo
Vassall had been vetted as necessary for his special post.出自：Times