marked by unjust severity or arbitrary behavior;
"the oppressive government"
"a tyrannical parent"
"tyrannous disregard of human rights"
characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty;
"an authoritarian regime"
"a dictatorial rule that lasted for the duration of the war"
"a tyrannical government"
- Jie was extremely tyrannical and dissolute.
- She married to get away from her tyrannical mother.
- She works for a tyrannical new boss.
- No one will like to live in a tyrannical despotism.
- He has a tyrannical reign on his empire.
- The intruders' tyrannical behavior led the local people to revolt.
Miletus, after the overthrow of a tyrannical dynasty, was split into two factions.出自： C. Thirlwall