expecting unquestioning obedience;
"the timid child of authoritarian parents"
"insufferably overbearing behavior toward the waiter"
having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy;
"some economists are disdainful of their colleagues in other social disciplines"
"his lordly manners were offensive"
"walked with a prideful swagger"
"very sniffy about breaches of etiquette"
"his mother eyed my clothes with a supercilious air"
"a more swaggering mood than usual"
- No one liked his overbearing manners.
- His overbearing insolence angered everyone.
- The aging actress was very high-strung and overbearing.
- He's so overbearing that no one wants to work for him.
- Everybody was indignant at such an overbearing manner.
- overbear 威压
- domineering 专横的
- arrogant 傲慢的
- bossy 专横的
- haughty 傲慢的
- arbitrary 任意的
- imperious 傲慢的
- dictatorial 独裁的
- masterful 傲慢的
- autocratic 独裁的
- oppressive 压迫的
- boastful 自夸的
- pompous 傲慢的
- proud 自豪的
- swaggering 动词swagger的现在...
- disdainful 鄙视的
- lordly 高傲的
- authoritarian 权力主义的
- prideful 自傲的
- sniffy 嗤之以鼻的
- supercilious 目中无人的
- subservient 卑屈的