- adj. 真实的；真的；准确的；精确的；忠诚的
- adv. 真实地；准确地
- n. 真相；精确
- vt. 使...平衡
- 真实的,符合事实的 in accordance with fact or reality
- [A]实际的 actual, as opposed to what is thought or claimed
- 真正的,真货的,纯正的 real; not false
- 忠实的,忠诚的 faithful; loyal
- 逼真的,一模一样的 in accordance with an original or standard; proper, correct, or exact
- [A]典型的 having all the particular qualities typical of its class
- [P]正确的,准确的 correctly fitted, placed, or formed
proper alignment; the property possessed by something that is in correct or proper alignment;
"out of true"
consistent with fact or reality; not false;
"the story is true"
"it is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true"
"the true meaning of the statement"
accurately placed or thrown;
"his aim was true"
"he was dead on target"
devoted (sometimes fanatically) to a cause or concept or truth;
"true believers bonded together against all who disagreed with them"
expressing or given to expressing the truth;
"a true statement"
"gave truthful testimony"
"a truthful person"
conforming to definitive criteria;
"the horseshoe crab is not a true crab"
"Pythagoras was the first true mathematician"
worthy of being depended on;
"a dependable worker"
"an honest working stiff"
"a reliable sourcSFLe of information"
"he was true to his word"
"I would be true for there are those who trust me"
not pretended; sincerely felt or expressed;
"her interest in people was unfeigned"
rightly so called;
"a spirit which true men have always admired"
"a true friend"
determined with reference to the earth's axis rather than the magnetic poles;
"true north is geographic north"
having a legally established claim;
"the legitimate heir"
"the true and lawful king"
in tune; accurate in pitch;
"a true note"
accurately fitted; level;
"the window frame isn't quite true"
"true, she is the smartest in her class"
make level, square, balanced, or concentric;
"true up the cylinder of an engine"
- She gave the true account of what had happened.
- On what grounds do you say that is true?
- We both thought that he had given a true judgement.
- He was true to his word.
- She spoke truer than she knew.
- The arrow flew straight and true to its mark.
- Two of the pictures hanging on the wall are out of true.
- It is not easy to true up a frame.
- This is a true report of what happened.
- I didn't realize the true seriousness of the country's problems until I went there myself.
- Her true motives only emerged later.
- True gentleman is above envy, jealousy or vindictiveness.
- True wealth does not consist in what we have but in what we are.
- True friendship should last for ever.
- The frog is not a true reptile.
- He has been my true friend for many years.
- I think the painter has produced a very true likeness.
- The whale is a true mammal, even though it may look like a fish.
- The story must be true,I read it in the newspaper.
- This is much cheaper than that, it is true, but it is not half so strong.
- You may not think much of my work; it is true, however, that I always do my best.
- What you are saying may be true, but in this case it is completely beside the point.
- If the door's not exactly true it won't close properly.
- That may be true in a manner of speaking, but even so,I have my doubts.
- What she says is true in a sense.
- This news is strange, but it is true for all that.
- His story was true to nature.
- He promised to be always true to her.
- They are true to their words and principles.
- He is true to his name.
- You have to admit that these sketches are true to life.
- Besides the acting being true to life, the singing was splendid.
- It would be truer to say that he was careless than that he was unkind.
- It is true that the project involves a certain amount of risk, but I still think we should go ahead.
- It is true that they lost the last battle, but they still went on fighting.
- Is it true that he has left London?
- as true as a die
极忠诚,极可靠 faithful very much
- as true as steel
极忠实,极可靠 faithful very much
- come true
实现,成真 happen just as was wished, expected, or dreamt
- out of true
未安正 not fitting or placing in its proper position
- true colours
本来面目,本性 one's true character; what one is really like
- true to form〔type〕
一如往常,一如既往 behaving or acting just as one would expect
- true analysis 正确的分析
- true antique 真文物
- true colours 本来面目
- true feeling 真实感情
- true friend 忠实的朋友
- true friendship 真正的友谊
- true gentleman 真君子
- true judgement 正确的判断
- true love 真正的爱情
- true mammal 真正的哺乳动物
- true motive 真实动机
- true report 真实的报道
- true reptile 真正的爬行动物
- true seriousness 实际的严重性
- true story 真实的故事
- true wealth 真正的财富
- historically true 具有历史真实性的
- obviously true 显然是事实
- perfectly true 完全正确
- possibly true 可能真实
- quite true 相当真实
- undoubtedly true 千真万确
- unquestionably true 千真万确
- come true 成真,实现
Ye haue done as a trew subjet ought to do to his lorde.出自： Ld Berners
I will be true to my word.出自： Sir W. Scott
While most of the hard left writers..have softened..Bond remains resolutely true to the cause.出自：Plays International
Give him a hand with truing up a wheel.出自： J. Wyndham
True it up on a disc sander.出自：Woodworking
- true在句中可用作定语,也可用作表语。用作定语时,后可接抽象名词,也可接具体名词; 用作表语时,其后可接介词短语,也可接动词不定式或that从句。
- true后常接介词to,表示“对…忠实”; 接of,表示“符合于…,对…实用”。
- true, actual, positive, real
- 1.real可用于有形的人或物,也可用于无形的事物; true和actual通常只用于无形的事。
- 2.real可用作定语,也可用作表语; actual只用作定语。
- 3.actual, real, true在表示“实际存在的”“真实的”“是一致的”时,可以互换使用。但actual强调实际存在的,现实的,而非理论上的,谣传的,假定的,尤指知识、财产、价值、状态或行为、经验。real强调真正的,而非假冒、伪造的,主要指实情、实例、实物。例如:
- Is your ring real gold?你的戒指是真金的吗?
- True love should last for ever.真正的爱情应永远保持下去。
- These fingerprints are positive proof that he used the gun.这些指纹是他用过这支枪的确实证据。
误 I hope my dream will become true.
正 I hope my dream will come true.
析 表示“成为现实”时,要用come true,其中的come不可用become来代替。她试图揭露事实。
误 She tried to unearth the true facts.
正 She tried to unearth the facts.
误 It is true for him to be angry with her.
正 It is true that he is angry with her.
析 true可以用于It is/was true that...句型,但不可以用于It is/was true for sb to...的句型。他信守诺言。
误 He was true of his promise.
正 He was true to his promise.
析 表示“忠实”“信守”时,要用be true to,这里to是介词,后接名词,不可用of代替。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的triewe(西撒克逊语)，treowe(麦西亚语)，意为忠实的，可信赖的。