- [C]大片土地；地带 large stretch or area of land
- [C]道，束 system of connected tube-like parts along which sth passes
an extended area of land
a system of body parts that together serve some particular purpose
a brief treatise on a subject of interest; published in the form of a booklet
a bundle of myelinated nerve fibers following a path through the brain
- He owns a large tract of forest.
- He took many photos of the wide tracts of desert in North Africa.
- Osteoporosis is a late complication of digestive tract disease.
- He had an infection in the upper respiratory tract.
- The tract ascends all the way to the VPL of the thalamus where it synapses on the tertiary neurons.
- There is no decussation in the lateral corticospinal tract after the decussation at the medullary pyramids.
- He wrote all the campaign tracts.
- Large tracts of sandy wastes were reclaimed.
Tracts in favour of temperate drinking were..circulated by religious bodies and anxious patriots.出自： G. M. Trevelyan
Each day..continued with such improving tracts as Jessica's First Prayer.出自： M. Holroyd
This short tyme and small tract of my mortal life.出自： E. Hall
The seasons now in tract were of short continuance.出自： N. Bacon
- tract, district, quarter, section
- district通常指行政上的区域,又指具有显著特色的地方; section指一个国家或城市自然形成的地区; quarter一般指一个城市中的具有同一性的地区,尤指特殊一层人所居住的区域; tract指大片的土地、地域、地带或住房开发区。例如:
- The city has a busy Chinese quarter.这个城市有个热闹的华人区。
- The famous man's mail came from the corners of the globe.那位名人的信件来自世界各地。
- Large tracts of sandy land were reclaimed.大片大片的沙质荒地被开垦出来了。
- There is a vast tract of forest in that area.在那个地区有一大片森林。