- vt. (使)倾斜
- vi. 抨击；争论
- n. 倾斜；车盖；以全速；(小舟、车辆、地摊等的)帐蓬
- （使）倾斜， （使）偏斜，（使）歪斜，（使）倾侧
- 偏向， 使倾向于
- 冲， （向…）冲刺
- vt. & vi. 使倾斜; 倾侧 cause to come into a sloping position (as by lifting one end); tip; incline
a combat between two mounted knights tilting against each other with blunted lances
a contentious speech act; a dispute where there is strong disagreement;
"they were involved in a violent argument"
a slight but noticeable partiality;
"the court's tilt toward conservative rulings"
the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical;
"the tower had a pronounced tilt"
"the ship developed a list to starboard"
"he walked with a heavy inclination to the right"
pitching dangerously to one side
to incline or bend from a vertical position;
"She leaned over the banister"
"The tower is tilting"
"The ceiling is slanting"
move sideways or in an unsteady way;
"The ship careened out of control"
charge with a tilt
- Don't tilt your chair back so far, it might fall over.
- If you tilt the table,the dishes will slide off onto the floor.
- The table top suddenly tilted and all the plates and glasses crashed onto the floor.
- Tilt pump downward and remove from engine.
- He is bold enough to tilt at social injustices.
- You cannot tilt at the actual findings.
- He boy always tilts with his father.
- Such a tilt is unusual in the solar system.
- He drove full tilt intothe lamppost.
- His car ran full tilt against the tree.
- The factory is now going full tilt.
- tilt at (v.+prep.)
抨击 attack an idea with words
- tilt at windmills (v.+prep.+n.)
〈非正〉与假想中的恶势力作战 attack wrongs which do not really exist
- tilt back (v.+adv.)
使向后倾斜 cause sth to lean backwards
tilt sth ⇔ back
Tilt your head back so that I can look down your throat to see if there's anything wrong with it.
Don't tilt your chair back so far, it might fall over.
- tilt downward (v.+adv.)
向下倾斜 lean downward sth
- tilt forward (v.+adv.)
向前倾斜 lean forward
- tilt into (v.+prep.)
冲进 enter rudely
tilt into sth
They want to tilt into the room.
- tilt to (v.+prep.)
向…倾斜 lean to sth
tilt to sth
The tree tilts to the south.
She sat listening, with her head tilted slightly to one side.
- tilt toward (v.+prep.)
倾向于 lean toward sth
tilt toward sth
Officials tend to tilt toward secrecy from a parochial view of their responsibilities.
- tilt up (v.+adv.)
使向上倾斜 cause sth to lean upwards
tilt sth ⇔ up
Can you tilt the lid up a little further?
- tilt backwards 向后倾斜
- tilt forward 向前倾斜
- tilt awkwardly 难以应付地抨击
- tilt negligently 随意地倾斜
- tilt slightly 稍微倾斜
Mayo could lose..in tomorrow's championship tilt with Roscommon.出自：Irish Press
Leaning backwards, his chair tilted on its hind legs.出自： Aldous Huxley
The desk top tilted to an angle of forty-five degrees.出自： I. Asimov
She tilted her head back to gaze up at the..sky.出自： F. King
He is..tilting towards a new economic course.出自：New Yorker
- slant 倾斜
- slope 倾斜
- tip 小费
- lean 倾斜
- incline 倾斜
- list 目录
- angle 角度
- gradient 倾斜度
- roll 卷
- bend 弯曲
- careen (船)倾斜
- wobble 摆动
- contention 争论
- argument 辩论
- arguing 争吵
- pitch 球场
- rock 岩石
- cant over 倾斜
- disceptation 激烈争端
- joust 马上长枪比武...
- controversy 争议
- inclination 倾向
- cant 倾斜
- disputation 争论
- leaning 倾斜
- contestation 论争
- shift 移动
- sway 摇动