- 以此方式,如此,这样 in this way; like this
- 其结果是,因此,于是 as a result of this; accordingly
an aromatic gum resin obtained from various Arabian or East African trees; formerly valued for worship and for embalming and fumigation
(used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result;
"therefore X must be true"
"the eggs were fresh and hence satisfactory"
"we were young and thence optimistic"
"it is late and thus we must go"
"the witness is biased and so cannot be trusted"
in the way indicated;
"hold the brush so"
"set up the pieces thus"
- Hold the wheel in both hands, thus.
- The text runs thus.
- He forgot to turn on the radio and thus missed the program.
- The mass production can decrease the cost and thus they can not be so expensive.
- thus and so
这样,如此 like this
- thus far
到现在为止,到这个程度 until now; this extent
- thus much
这些,就此 these; like this
On the 13th he wrote thus to Captain Ferguson.sssss C. Brontësc;出自： J. G. Lockhart
Having been thus distinguished I could do no less than follow her with my eyes.出自： J. Conrad
Thus it was that Hal Cartell was thrown in the widow's path.出自： N. Marsh