- 所以,因此 as a result; therefore
(sentence connectors) because of the reason given;
"consequently, he didn't do it"
"continued to have severe headaches and accordingly returned to the doctor"
as a consequence;
"he had good reason to be grateful for the opportunities which they had made available to him and which consequently led to the good position he now held"
- The scandal being exposed, he was removed from office consequently.
- The company went bankrupt and consequently he lost his job.
- My car broke down and consequently I was late.
- The rain was heavy, and consequently the road was flooded.
- She was a bright and eager student and, consequently, did well in school.
- Much of our knowledge and consequently much of our appreciation of his work is based on one biography.
There was no provision made in the house.., and consequently a fire had to be built in the yard.出自： B. T. Washington
Rosemary still thought her money was miraculously lent to her and she must consequently be very careful of it.出自： Scott Fitzgerald
- consequently, accordingly, hence, so, then, therefore, thereupon, thus
- 这组词的共同意思是“因此; 所以; 于是”,它们的区别是：
- 1.so, then和thus是一般用词; accordingly, consequently, hence, therefore和thereupon是正式用词。
- 3.accordingly, consequently, hence, therefore, thereupon和thus都表示因果关系。accordingly语气较缓和,常译为“于是”; consequently一般不强调因果间的必然联系,而只是根据逻辑推理得出的结果; hence表示合理的推断,指出原因及其必然结果,但更强调原因; therefore强调因果间的逻辑关系,多用于表示严密推理或精确论证的郑重场合,故常用在数学、逻辑学等领域; thereupon则指“作为…的结果”; thus的意思和hence, therefore相近,但更正式庄重。
- 4.accordingly常位于(分句)句首或句中; consequently, hence常位于(分句)句首; so只用于分句句首; then常用于分句句首,有时用于句末; therefore和thereupon常用于(分句)句首,有时用于句中; thus常用于(分句)句首。
- 5.consequently, hence, so, then, therefore和thereupon前有时可加and; accordingly前偶尔可加and; thus前一般不可加and。
- 6.hence常引导省略句; thus还可跟现在分词短语表示结果或目的。